- Date: Thursday, April 7th
- Meeting Info: P125
To-Do Before Class
- Assignment 4 : Mini Comic – Write a draft OUTLINE of your story- POST to open Lab and PRINT 3 COPIES for the CLASS. (categorize as FINAL PROJECT)
Further Story Development & COMICS FORMATS
- To Learn about mini comics
- To Learn the Parts of a Story
- To Understand story pacing
- To learn how to plan a sequential narrative.
MoCCA & The INK CLUB
MINI comics come in a variety of formats. Accordion books, 1 sheet no staple minis expanding pages… The sky is the limit!
Acordion Mini Comic:
Expanding Pages Mini Comic
Short Story Round Robin
Story Arc and Pacing: how to plan a sequential narrative.
Workshop Mini Comic Story Outlines & Work in class on the project.
- REMEMBER A successful short story should feel like it comes to a satisfying conclusion within the 8 pages.
- Create a Narrative Arc visualizing the action in your story. Does it have A beginning, a climax?, or a conclusion?
- Using that Narrative Arc ass a guide, Pace your story to unfold over 8 pages.
- Begin by drawing a Graph showing the plot of your comic. Where is the climax? Are there other important moments? Mark on the graph the important points of your story.
- Next, try looking at your graph as you decide on the pacing for your story.
- Mark the graph with page numbers.
- Flesh out your story Rough Outline into a Comics Script for an 8-page comic.
Examples: From SCRIPT TO PANELS
Review Assignments and Expectations for Next Week’s Class
Due Next Week
Reminder: April 7th class is IN PERSON!
- Assignment 4 : Mini Comic:
BRING 3 PRINTED COPIES of the following to next week’s class:
Outline and your Draft Comics Script.
- Bring draft script to class to discuss. (3 copies. ) Edits will be suggested.
- Decide on your overall format, and begin page/panel breakdowns.
- The script must be typed and formatted as a professional comics script. SEE SAMPLE
- Continue sketching visuals and characters in your sketchbook – you’ll present these with your script
- Create a Pinterest page of reference materials
- WATCH all Mini-comics videos prior to class
- Sketchbook Week 10
Leave a Reply