- Class Date: Thurs. Oct. 22
- Class Time: 8:30AM-10:00AM
- Class Meeting Zoom https://zoom.us/j/6459468086
Meeting ID: 645 946 8086
Choose your favorite food or a favorite pastime such as listening to music, watching videos, playing a sport, etc.
• General Specs:
◦ Create a one of a kind representation (with letters) of your favorite pastime or favorite food
◦ Work area: 1980 x 1080 pixels (horizontal/rectangular)
◦ Cannot use an existing typeface.
◦ Sketch, research and write your ideas FIRST
◦ Use pencil when sketching, but keep in mind that for the next steps experimental use of material and technique ok: paper/collage, paints, photography, etc. Technique and application is up to you.
• Understand the difference between lettering and creative typography with a typeface.
• Understand lettering as it applies to branding, packaging, logotype designs and others areas.
• Explore typographical experimentation.
- Crit project 2 Part 1
- Type Challenge – Design Sprints
To-Do After Class
- Finalize Your Project 2 Part 1 words, Upload to your Project 2 page
- Type Challenge – 3D gather materials for next class to build your word
- Project 2 Part 2 Expressive Lettering Choose a word of your favorite food or a favorite pastime such as listening to music, watching videos, playing a sport, etc.
- Type Talk Discussion – Depero Futurista
Print this page