A place where we talk about type
Discussion, comments, critiques, opinions on type Throughout the semester typographic works related to projects and assignments will be posted. Students will comment in live synchronous class discussions to try and identify or answer questions related to posted content. Can also be assigned as homework assignments. This is part of class participation grade.
- Students will reinforce the typographic principles of the course through observation and critiques of current work examples in typographic industry.
- Students will develop a sense of current typography trends and be able to discus them with relevant terminology
- “Depero Futurista” Published 1927
Known as “The Bolted Book” because of its binding
By Fortunato Depero, Italian Futurist artist/designer
- Review the pages at link below
- Select the two pages from the book you feel have the most dynamic use of Typography usage, page layout, color
- Save images as: “lastname firstname_TT_Depero. jpg”
- Insert images into the gallery below
Comment: Which do you feel works better in terms of dynamic use of letters and layout
- The Bolted Book is filled with ground breaking typographic experiments and bold explorations in nearly every art and design medium, including advertising and the form of the book itself
- Due during class sessions or by class meeting time as indicated.