A place where we talk about type
Discussion, comments, critiques, opinions on type Throughout the semester typographic works related to projects and assignments will be posted. Students will comment in live synchronous class discussions to try and identify or answer questions related to posted content. Can also be assigned as homework assignments. This is part of class participation grade.
- Students will reinforce the typographic principles of the course through observation and critiques of current work examples in typographic industry.
- Students will develop a sense of current typography trends and be able to discus them with relevant terminology
- Netflix documentary on design Abstract: Art of Design Paula Scher episode
- Watch some of this episode select one example of the expressive lettering of Paula Scher
- Create a post named Lastname first name _Scher”
- Give it categories “Student Post Type Talk” “Type Talk Discussion Activities”
- Make a screen grab
- Post image. Named “lastname firstname_TT_scher”.jpg
Other EpisodesPrint this page