Winter 2022 | Professors Julian Costa & Rebecca Olerich

Class 2: Agenda

#RiseAndGrind

Session Objectives:

• To share strategies and tools to create a productive learning environment
  • To prepare a schedule for successful use of time
  • To identify personal approaches to self-care 

To-Do Before Class

Complete the workshop reflection for yesterday’s class by replying to the January 3rd reflection post.

Create an OpenLab account.

Download the workshop notes that can be found in the files section of this site. Use the workshop notes to support your own note taking during class.

Activities

Learning Styles Quiz

Where Did All My Time Go?: Time Management Math

Self-care JamBoard

To-Do After Class

Reflection:

Read the following quote by Dr. Pamela Brown, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs:

Learning is a source of hope for a better future. It requires hard work and sacrifice which can be even more difficult in challenging times. Your time in college is also your opportunity to connect with others, lift your spirit, enrich your life, and develop the skills and knowledge to make a difference in your community.
— Dr. Pamela Brown, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Choose a question below and write a reflection in the comment box at the bottom of this page.

• What life experiences have prepared me for college?
  • When I have been faced with a difficult situation, what strategies did I use to find a solution?
  • How will I create positive academic habits for myself?

Read and comment on another student’s post. These are your classmates, encourage them to work towards their goals.

Print this page

1. Tray

I will create a positive academic habit for myself by, taking more accountability of doing my assignments if not ahead of time then at least touch upon it before hand briefly, and being on top of classes that can strongly effect my gpa overall and ones that may strike more of a challenge to me.

2. flores

When I have been faced with a difficult situation, what strategies did I use to find a solution?

sometimes the internet is really helpful for me because that way I can understand something that didn’t make sense. I like to ask the professor if there is anything not clear, sometimes I ask to some of the classmates or even my family.