Winter 2022 | Professors Julian Costa & Rebecca Olerich

Session #1 Reflection

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech or anything important to you.

Read other classmate’s posts and help welcome each other by writing a response.

1. Noorshad Jahan

Hi, My name is Noorshad Jahan. I’m majoring in Communication Design. I do a lot of digital art on my phone.

• Ngozi Okonkwo

Hey Noorshad! City Tech has a great Communication Design program. I wish you the best!

• Rebecca Olerich

That sounds like a really interesting major!!!!

2. LeAnn

Hi, my name is LeAnn. This is going to be my first semester of college. I’ll be majoring in mechanical engineering however im considering switching to civil engineering. I work part time with amazon and I play video games during my free time. I chose city tech because I feel like it has a lot of resources that can help me grow. I love working with others so I hope to learn a lot from my peers throughout this course and I hope they can learn from me.

• Ngozi Okonkwo

Hey LeAnn! We already talked on the other page haha but once again welcome to City Tech! 🙂

3. Hannah collazo

I’m Hannah and I chose city tech because when I was looking for schools it seemed like a good school. My goal as a student is to become more organized and consistent. For my first semester, I hope to learn how to build a steady routine to help me stay on top of all my responsibility.

• Ngozi Okonkwo

Hey Hannah! A steady routine is a great way to keep organized, remain consistent and stay on top of your work. Creating a routine will definitely help you have a successful semester. 🙂

• Rebecca Olerich

I agree! Being organized is really important and having a routine really helps that happen.

• Rebecca Olerich

Being organized is so important!!! I am always working on new and better ways to be organized.

4. Rosalina Lopez

My name is Rosalina and I signed up for City Tech a couple of months ago. My goal is to get a bachelor’s is Nursing. I choose City Tech because I have heard many good things about the college and I love the location. I will be the first to go to college so its very nerve-racking but at the same time exciting. During my first semester, I hope to learn how to get around college, how to study in groups, and get to know the programs and people that would help me achieve my goals for the future.

• Ngozi Okonkwo

Hi Rosalina! City Tech has an awesome Nursing program and it’s great that you want to go for it! Congratulations on being the first to go to college! I know that can be very nerve-racking but I also know that your family must be very proud. If you EVER have any questions, please please pleaseee reach out to either Aneeza or myself. As peer mentors, we are here to help!

• Rosalina Lopez

Thanks for the support. And I appreciate your help. I would definitely have you in mind if I ever need some help. Thanks again.

5. Jesus

My name is Jesus Lapaix and I am a starting freshman for city tech. I applied for this college because I want to major in dental hygiene and city tech is the perfect place to study in. I hope I could learn all the requirements I need for dental hygiene.

• Ngozi Okonkwo

Hi Jesus! Dental Hygiene is an awesome major and City Tech is a great place to study it! I wish you the best of luck!

6. Geovany Flores

I am very happy to finally be in college, it was my dream since I was a kid. I chose city tech college because it caught my attention since the first time, I heard of it. In this semester I am hoping to get better at writing and reading which had been one of my major issues since English is not my first language and I’m always willing to learn new things every day.

• Ngozi Okonkwo

Hi Geovany! Welcome to City Tech! I’m glad you’re excited to be here and we’re happy to have you! English can be a difficult language to learn sometimes, but with some practice and determination, I know you’ll definitely improve 🙂

7. Lauren

hello,
    my name is Lauren and i am majoring in Radiology technology and imaging. I am excited about the opportunity to study at City-tech and i hope to learn all that college has to offer me to prepare me better for the future ahead.

8. Tray

Hi, my name is Trayvon this is about to be my second semester at City Tech majoring in computer systems and I hope to learn and grasp a skill that can help me overall in life and along with getting the college experience I have yet to see full since we’ve been remote.