Write Out Loud!

Oct 11 HW HUSNAIN KHAN

First of all, what do you think of what James Baldwin was saying? What do you think he means when he says “the world is larger?”

1. What I think what James Baldwin was saying is that just because America has a longer history, more events then any other nation it doesn’t give them the right to know what is right for you and what is not.Also they can not have oppression towards you in any circumstances and you are allowed to do whatever you please and not be obedient.”The world is larger” What I think what it means is that people aren’t opposed to people and they can’t act or shouldn’t a certain way it affects others of their own race.

Secondly, what do you think you have the “necessity” to examine, or the obligation to learn more about? To put it another way: what do you wish had been taught to you in school that wasn’t? Why do you want to know about these topics?2.

2. I think what it means having the “necessity” too examine or obligation to learn more about is being required or being able to do as an individual that indeed is held within ourselves. What I wish I was taught in school is that you don’t have to become everything that society expects from you or not live up to their expectations. Well I wished school when entering lets say the 11th grade and so on would teach me on how to pay my own taxes which I really think is important since I am going to do it sooner or later rather then finding out more about finding X and wondering where’s Y.Also to know parts of social groups that exist in today’s society and we don’t even realize exist. I say it’s important to learn about taxes and social groups is because taxes actually fund public libraries and parks and also are used to fund government types of programs for the poor and less fortunate such as schools. Social groups provide people with satisfaction amongst people and because in today’s society people are dived into different groups based on their needs and interests.

Finally, does what he’s saying have anything to do with creating and giving an informative TEDTalk? Why or why not?

3. I was say it is a good and informative topic for him to talk/address in a Ted-talk because I believe its a topic people would wanna hear personally since some of the things he added or said on his article I related to it.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

It really would be great to have more education in high school, or even earlier, about financial things. There are, in fact, a couple of groups that are trying to make that happen, although it’s a tough sell to the current education system. You and they are right, however – too many people don’t understand things like taxes or banking or investing, or anything much about finances at all. It’s a real problem. And it would make a great TEDTalk btw.