Write Out Loud!

introduction

Hi my name is Manuel but you can call me Manny. I’m 18, and I’ve lived in Queens for all of my life, and there’s no place I’d rather be than here. I don’t feel too worried about this class since I enjoy reading and learning about new things. I feel like researching topics that we may be assigned in class will put me out of my comfort zone and make me learn about things I wouldn’t want to research if I was doing it in my free time. Having to attend school online for another year is something I have mixed feelings about, but I did buy a new laptop for this school year so I’m hoping things will be a little bit smoother in terms of getting my work done. I love the culinary arts and actually went to a culinary high school in NYC. I had the opportunity to work at some amazing NYC restaurants. I’m majoring in hospitality management to have a deeper understanding of different factors that make famous restaurants so great in all of their aspects, not just culinary-wise. I’ve decided to take a break from working ( although I miss it already ) to really focus on this semester and I hope to get things started on the right foot this year and finish this semester off with nothing but joy. 

I also love playing Football. I’ve had some pro trials at Argentinian Club back in 2019 but sadly a hamstring injury sent me home nearing the end of my trial. I still play competitively and enjoy training with my teammates. I hope to one day have another great opportunity and make the best of it.  

1. Jacquelyn Blain

That’s too bad about your hamstring! Injuries are such a big part of “luck.” But it’s wonderful that you’re interested in hospitality management and went to a culinary high school. This pandemic year has got to have been hard on you; I hope we’re back in the restaurants soon!