PRACTICE 1:

Lili Valez started her writing involving the readers stating “we”. I liked the use of commas and full stops in her writing that created the pauses when needed. As a human, we do panic transitioning from one thing or place to another. She stated the fact that every first year college student goes through, “We panic, we pack, we get to college, and then panic again, moaning, ā€œI wish I had known Iā€™d need this!”” I resonate with the fact that there are situations when I feel I should have known something from earlier. In addition, as stated in her writing, “Who needs to ponder academic questions outside of class?” I too used too think that there is no need to talk academically outside of the class until the teachers actually started to ask me to relate some stories to my life outside school. Overall, Lili Valez’s writing was brief that involved me from the beginning.

PRACTICE 2:

I like the way Nick described the interaction between his dog and the deer, “his eyes fixed upon a herd of deer who stared back at him with the same intense interest”. It was short, yet understandable. I like the use of less words, yet explaining the whole idea of his thoughts and at the end transitioning from his story to generalizing the fact that there are no wolves and mountain lions left in his state anymore by stating, “For there are no wolves in these woods, nor in all of Pennsylvania. Gone are the days of wolves and mountain lions prowling through these woods”. Overall, Nick’s writing was concise and clear.

Lastly, I believe feedback is most likely to have more importance, letting the writer know the good as well as not so good parts of his writing which makes him reflect on their writing.