Before this semester started, I had these ambitions that I needed to improve on how I write and speak my English. And with how we all started our college experience, I can project that so many things did not go in favor of me. To begin and note things about my experience I had as a writer and a reader this semester, I would like to reflect on things I used to do as a writer and reader in high school.  When I was in high school, I used to normally just do work just to do work and not with no purpose of achieving something beneficial from it. And when it came down to writing, I would just put kinds of stuff together and not think about the type of messages I am trying to send out there. With how I was as a writer and a reader, I would fairly say a lot of things kind of changed my views and perspective about how I see myself now. Even though we did not get to experience better college lives but I would set the light on how a lot of things changed over this whole entire semester. Reflecting on the feedback I received this entire semester, I Would like to say I have improved in so many ways and I wish I get to educate myself more on certain things that would improve myself and the English  I find myself speaking. At some point, we all have worries about things are freshly getting started with. I was most worried if my habit were going to remain the same or I will finally get to understand the English that revolves around me each and every time.

During the process of achieving the goal I set for myself, I faced a whole lot of challenges that made me questioned my own abilities about accomplishing the goal I wanted to reach by the end of the semester. The most challenging one has been Unit two where we had to research things we found in the gaming community that wasn’t acceptable and I found myself thinking about cultural appropriation. My curiosity about wanting to know more about this topic never stopped, researchers and a lot more that I found on the internet boosted my interest in wanting to know more each and every time. But with the help of the feedback I received from Prof blain and many resources I looked to on the web, I was able to get the specified information I needed to make what I wanted to express my ideas on more useful. Most of the pieces of information I found online were biased and a lot of them had no idea what they were talking about which made finding pieces and the right evidence to back my claim up a harder thing for me. The main thing I was focused on was the audience I wanted to educate about this type of topic, I had to watch many movies to understand how a culture that is been misinterpreted can lead to something that might make an individual think about things that happened in the movie was pretty much how things work in real life. I used the strategy I had and the comments from Prof Blain from the DLN and took certain things that were said and made something useful to back me up.

To set it back to my final reflection, I feel like I became so opened compared to when we started, at first I would just not be the type to feel comfortable when been asked to work with a group of people but based on the comments and feedback I had from both my peers and Prof Blain, I became opened and began to engage myself in something that was going to set me up on many things. Compared to many years of me being in school, I can gladly say I have achieved and improved a lot on how to interact with my peers and teachers. With school been online, I had bad acceptions about how my school year was going to end and the ambitions I set, I had bad feelings that I was not going to achieve or be close to getting there. Even though there’s nothing to prove a point that I made friends or met new people but I can gladly say I improved a lot and my assumptions about how online was going to be bad, changed drastically.

In my Time capsule, I said something about improving my grades and getting to a point where I would reflect and look back and say I did good a job of making what I said about achieving mid-semester come true. Even though I would say I could have done a lot better but looking at where started and looking at now, I can gladly say I have achieved the goal I set about wanting to better myself up in English. I knew that over time, I would face a couple of challenges and those could lead me to give up on what I started but, I did not let those bad thoughts bring me down and I kept pushing. As the semester is about to end, I would like to take the time to acknowledge my peers and Professor blain for the simple fact that they helped with feedbacks and lead me into doing better and improving my writing which I could be concluded helped me a lot. Secondly, I would like to thank my own self because online schooling was at some point stressful and was distractive since the internet we were dying to get rid of, became something we started to us in our education and the fact that I did not allow myself to get distracted and stay off track makes me so proud and happy about the decisions I made this whole entire semester. And I will continue with the work and better myself into becoming who I want to become and not sit and watch all I learned to go to waste.