From what I have read the ingredients required for a digital literacy narrative or “DLN” is to have a understanding of technology and its many uses and to be able to convey how you have been able to utilize technology early on in your life. For example Jennifer Campbell stated that “It was fascinating, even to a child as young as I had been, all of the options that were available to me just with a few clicks at my fingertips, which, with time, would allow me to type and explore any topic imaginable, creating a world that I had all the access to”.Β  Another ingredient to a digital literacy narrative is explaining how technology has made you more efficient in the work you do either for school or for yourself. As stated by ” It’s been very beneficial using technology to complete my work, get my point across, and be more organized. As an individual with accommodations, I knew that technology would be essential for important assignments including essays, presentations, and occasional tests and quizzes.”

I think personally that a good place to start my digital literacy narrative is my first memory that I have with a computer since I think it is more interesting than my recent memories with social media platforms as others have mentioned . I remember being around 5 years old and I somehow had a natural basic understanding of technology. From there it came very naturally and my education in school furthered my understanding of computers and from there I can remember using the computer to watch videos on YouTube for fun and even to teach myself a lot of things such as the basics of video editing. I think others may find this interesting and maybe others can also use a similar memory to begin their digital literacy narrative.

I hope to read where everyone else will start their narrative and what they think about where I want to start with my DLN.