For Assignment 1 you will present a branding case study, and show what general principles of branding this case exhibits.
The two readings posted here will help guide your work, and you may want to do additional research to better understand the issue:
The Principles of Cultural Branding – Summary Article
The Principles of Cultural Branding – Chapter 2
Choose one project done by the firm Pentagram or another branding firm. Choose a project that incorporates physical space. You will need to use multiple sources to show the following:
- Who is the client?
- What is the purpose and goal of the branding?
- How is the new branding different from the previous branding?
- What is the scope of the branding?
- What types of branding strategies are used?
- What does the branding look like?
- How is architecture/physical space incorporated?
- What is the consumers’ role?
- What are all of the concepts the branding evokes/creates?
Use both images and your own words to create one board which clearly shows your brand case study.
Before Thursday’s class, post your board to the blog. It should be 11×17 format, and JPEG file type. Keep the file size under 2mb. Categorize your post under your name and under “Post 1_Branding.”
Be prepared to present your work to the class.
Here is the MoMA example we looked at in class: 20130408_Branding Discussion