Prof. Duddy ARCH1101.OLC5 | Prof. Rosen ENG1101.LC07

Checking in–Week 1

I just sent an email to everyone in our First Year Learning Community (FYLC, with ENG 1101 and ARCH 1101) just in case some students in this course haven’t been able to find us online. In that message, I recapped what you need to do for the rest of this first week of the semester, since we’re working on a Wednesday-to-Tuesday week.

Important to do before Wednesday:

Whether you are able to join the OpenLab and the site for our courses or not, you can still do your work! Be sure to read:

Also for the FYLC, be sure to read

Feel free to reach out with any questions–either by email (directly to jrrosen AT citytech.cuny.edu or by replying to the message I just sent–though be sure not to Reply All if you don’t mean to!), or by asking it here on our site, in the ENG 1101 Q&A (options here: either by adding a reply to what I posted there, or by writing your own post and using the category ENG 1101 Q&A.)

1. Luka Vardoshvili

hi i need to type my homework in “Microsoft Word”, and it does not allow me on my mac, is there anything you can do to help me with it

• Jody R. Rosen

I’m not sure why you need to type it in Microsoft Word, but a colleague shared this information with me–maybe it will help?
      Microsoft Office:
      The City University of New York provides Microsoft Office 365 for Education to students at participating colleges, including City Tech, via the Microsoft Office in Education program. You sign in using your Blackboard credentials (this is different than your regular CityTech email) and have online access to MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and other programs in the MS Office Suite. You may also be eligible to download the Suite to your computer. For more information, see THIS LINK