36Hours

Click here to see videos of the New York Times 36 Hours videos.

One Response to 36Hours

1. raymond says:

Raymond Chin
    Prof Akana
    12/16/16
    HMGT 1101

36 Hours in a place that I love

I’ve went on many vacation trips around the world and I will never forget the time I went to Mohegan Sun. Mohegan Sun isn’t only a huge casino, they have one the best Resorts I’ve ever stayed in, many concerts that perform every month, and the home of the New England Black Wolves (National Lacrosse League) Mohegan Sun is one of the largest casino with 364,000 square feet opened in October 12, 1996. It is located in 1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard Uncasville, Connecticut 06382-1355. Even though their casino is very famous, they are also known for their amazing Resort. They have everything people can ask for to relax and enjoy their stay. It is the best place for families with children or with friends. They have great restaurants that serve many verities of food. Their shopping malls are huge with great gifts. With great entertainments of spa, golf, events, and a great pool.

10:00 am – Arrive to Mohegan Sun
    Arriving to Mohegan Sun first thing I do is to check in and put all my stuff down. Start unpacking my luggage so I can have my things ready once I want to head out. Then I’ll start the day off with a morning shower to clean myself from the bus ride. Rest around an hour until the event starts.

12:00 pm – lunch
    Once it hits 12’o clock it’s time for lunch. I would be extremely hungry from the ride. I would go to Booby’s Burger Palace for some juicy burgers. Usually I would order the fires and onion rings because those are extremely good. They have their own special sauce that compliments with the fries and onion rings. After I finish the meal I would enjoy some of their desserts and try many appetizers.

2:00 pm – activity
    Once I’ve enjoyed my meal and full of energy, I would move on to shopping. Everyone loves shopping and buy their favorite items. They have apparel stores which includes Chico’s, Coach, Galina’s, Tommy Bahama, Splendeur, Robert Graham, Trailblazer, and Victoria Secret. For any jewelry they have Brighton, Lux Bond & Green, Swarovski, and also at Galina’s. Last I would go to the sports section to buy golf products and the home team “New England Black Wolves”. They have Steiner, Mohegan Sun Golf Club, and Trailblazer.

4:00 pm – activity
    Now the shopping is finished, it is time for the game! They host the New England Black Wolves game every few days. And today is our lucky day where we can enjoy the lacrosse team face off with their opponent. The game may take around 2 to 3 hours but once they go half time go grab a bite from their stores. They have hotdogs, popcorn, drinks, pretzels, and everyone’s favorite corndogs.

7:00 pm – dinner
    Now the game is finished it is time to eat dinner. What other place but to go to Ballo! It is an Italian restaurant that serves amazing drinks and food. It has a dress code so don’t wear hats, sleeveless shirts on men or sports jerseys. This is an authentic Italian restaurant served fresh and made with the best chefs. They have famous cocktails so try them before you leave!

9:00 pm – activity
    It’s getting late and everyone is exhausted from the ride and the events so it would be best to end the day with golf. Calm and relaxing where people can enjoy the rest of the night. After a bit I would go back to the room and shower and have a good sleep to enjoy tomorrow events.

9:00 am – breakfast
    Wake up early to have myself some coffee and a bacon egg and cheese from Dunkin Donuts. I would also have a strawberry glazed donut because who doesn’t like sweets? Go back up in the room and rest until the next activity.

11:00 am – activity
    Eating so much from last night and today morning, I would hit the gym they provide in the resort. I would have to force myself to do some cardio and have a full body workout since I’ll be relaxing later. I would do upper body, lower body, and my core. Working out in the gym I would probably be sweating and smell so I’ll go back to the room and shower and clean myself up.

1:00 pm – lunch
    Now it’s time for the big meal of the day. I would go to Wok-On and have myself some Chinese food and please myself. Ill order the well-known General Tso-Chicken. Have a fat meal so I can regain my energy back from the gym.

2:00 pm – activity
    After this big meal I would be hit my foodcoma and want to sleep again. I would go to the Elemis Spa and get a great massage. I’ll get the Aroma Stone therapy and Hawaiian Wave Four Hand Massage. My muscles would be very dense from the gym and what better way to relax it than getting a full body massage. These massages don’t only help you relax the muscles but also the minds.

4:00 pm – activity
    Last activity of the day would be going to the pool and have a great swim. Have a great time in the water and compete with others. There will always be a lifeguard so don’t worry if you don’t know how to swim. They are trained and always alert.

8:00 pm – dinner
    For the last dinner on this trip I would go to Avalon. This is a bar and nightclub but they also serve dinner. After the meal you can enjoy the music and dance the whole night. Grab a few drinks and meet new people and have fun with family and friends. The DJ will play your favorite music and make sure you have a great time there. But be sure to dress up for their dress code. Dress shoes and collared shirts preferred. No athletic wear, sneakers, boots, shorts or hats. Remember, if you are unsure, black is eternally chic. I would always recommend Mohegan Sun because within 36 hours you would also have fun activities and many things to do. There is no such thing as boring in these amazing place. There is so doubt I would come back again.

All photos are taken from
    – Google.com
    – Mohegan.com