NYC Attraction Submission

5 Responses to NYC Attraction Submission

1. raymond says:

Raymond Chin
    11/2/16
    Prof Akana
    HMGT 1101

United States are known for our famous burgers. Wherever tourists visit New York City and have no clue of the restaurant’s menu, the first choice would be a burger because it is well known, tasty, and it’s everywhere. New York City specifically has the most top burger restaurants around. I personally love burgers but never went to a top burger restaurant until recently. It is so significant in New York City because we have so many burgers joints around and each of them are very significant. I went to Bill’s Bar & Burgers and it was amazing.
    Bill’s Bar & Burgers is located in a very nice view. It is located in the Rockefeller Center on 16 W 51st St. NY. The view was amazing because it had the famous Greek mythology titan, Prometheus. It’s stands today in the center with a big water fountain on the bottom. It sprays water and the lights are bright once it turns dark. The view of it looks beautiful and right under the beautiful statue, they have people ice skating. Many tourists loves to skate and take pictures with the statues. And right around it, it has stairs that lead back to the streets and it has two hundred flags of other countries surrounding the ice skating ring. The beautiful building also have a small mall with many brand clothing store around the block. The Rockefeller Center is one of the top New York City attraction with many events and top burger joint.
    While I was at Bill’s Bar & Burgers, I ordered the Fat Cat with extra caramelized onions in medium rare. It tasted amazing, their milkshakes were very creamy and the view inside was very nice. It has many lights and a big staircase that curves around. The walls have nice paintings and some menus on the side. Their food presentation was quite unique because restaurants usually serve it with the burger ready, but Bill’s Bar & Burgers sets the burger bun on the side so the customers may add ketchup or other condiments.
    Bill’s Bar & Burgers provide hospitality service by having waiters or waitresses. There are many waiters and waitresses but they serve only their specific area. The waitress that served me the food was very friendly and recommended me what was good. Every now and then she would walk by asking us and the tables who was in charge of if we were doing fine. She would hold the pitcher and refill the waters if it were empty.
    I enjoyed eating in the restaurant and loved the meal but, they had very small tables. They have a bucket with many condiments inside and it takes up the whole table. We order a burger and a milkshake each, it took so much space it felt a little uncomfortable. It felt so cramped up that it didn’t feel right. If the tables were bigger then it would be one of the best burger joints I’ve been to.

2. Johanna says:

Johanna Rugerio

The statue of liberty has a huge significance to New York.The Statue of Liberty is located in the New York Harbor and its been seen by millions of immigrants as they entering to Ellis Island . Lady Liberty might have different means to everyone. I asked my mother what does the Statue of Liberty mean to her and she said “Freedom and a good paying job” . On Saturday, November 12, 2016 the boat conductor said “symbol of friendship and freedom.”
    When someone comes to New York the first thing everyone wants to visit is The Statue of Liberty. She is symbolic of freedom. According to How Tall is The Statue of Liberty, the Statue was given to the U.S by France to celebrate America’s first 100 years as a nation. According to the boat Conductor from Pier 16 Lady Liberty carries a torch that brings enlightenment to the world. The fire is a symbolic of knowledge and it also brings light to society. The statue of liberty doesn’t really a specific target demographic. Exterior and interior of the United States come to visit the Lady Liberty. Not only does tourists come to visit but people within New York City come as well. In my 21 years being a New Yorker, i had never visited Lady Liberty and it was an epic experience.
    The hospitality experience started when i came off the train station. The minute i came out the R train station, there was a gentlemen standing outside the train station recruiting people, so they can purchase tickets to Lady Liberty. Since I didn’t seem like a tourist, he didn’t even bother to ask me if i wanted a ticket. As i continued to walk, i came across another Gentleman, his name was Steven. He told me the difference between all of tickets, he walked me from WhiteHill all the way to Pier 16 (the Boat). He wasn’t dress professionally, but he had a great personality, it wasn’t awkward or weird. Another experience, was when I got on the boat. The conductor didn’t really say his name, but he did give out awesome facts about lady Liberty; made the whole experience seem like a movie in motion. He told us, what New York looked like before, what did the immigrants experience when they came to Ellis Island. The whole experience was overall good. There isn’t much to change or complain. Except the guy who ignored me because he thought i wasn’t going to purchase a ticket.

3. Fathima M. says:

Fathima Muzammil
    Professor John Akana
    HMGT 1101
    18 November 2016

NYC Attraction

New York, the city that never sleeps is home to many popular restaurants, parks, sports arena’s, museums and much more. Most tourist’s, domestic or international, comes to explore the various attractions that New York City has to offer. Last month of October 4th, I finally got to visit a place I’ve always wanted go called the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn Botanic Garden is located at 990 Washington Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225 and is opened from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekends. Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a Japanese garden that extends for 52 acres long.
    Its significance to the culture of New York is the history behind each garden carefully cultivated and developed throughout the years since founded in 1910. Brooklyn Botanic Garden contains trees that are over a century old and holds the title as the second oldest in the country. What makes this attraction unique is the Cherry Esplanade and the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden. The main reason I wanted to visit the Brooklyn Botanic Garden was due to the two gardens I mentioned above, but because I didn’t visit during the cherry blossom season which is at the end of April, the Cherry Esplanade wasn’t bloomed yet. However, I did get to witness the beautiful breathtaking view of the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden and will never forget that experience.
    The target demographic that comes to visit the Brooklyn Botanic Garden varies within all ages. From kids to teenagers to adults and seniors, this garden is suitable to every one of this individual who comes to visit the “gardens within the Garden.” I witnessed a few examples of hospitality during my visit to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, but one I remember fondly was when I entered the Garden, the front desk receptionist was very friendly and greeted me and my family kindly and guided us towards the entrance. In my opinion, I felt as though the security guards were a bit rude with the visitors at the Garden and didn’t have a smile on their face the whole time I was there. According to me, one area of improvement in guest service I would like to see is for the security guards to make visitors feel more welcomed.
    In conclusion, I am proud to be living in a city that offers a variety of attractions which I can explore and have adventures with my family and friends. Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a Japanese garden that extends for 52 acres long. I would highly recommend people I know to visit the Garden who would love to create beautiful memories with their loved ones.

4. Ellyn says:

Ellyn Melissa Valdellon
    Professor Akana
    HMGT 1101
    18 November 2016

Gantry Plaza State Park is a popular destination for New York City locals and tourists alike. It can be likened to the Brooklyn Bridge Park in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Gantry Plaza is a historical location of the borough of Queens and offers stunning views of the Manhattan skyline. This attraction is one of the bests viewing points for the Fourth of July fireworks. The park offers New Yorkers an excellent place to have fun during free time or after enjoying a meal or show at one of the restaurants on nearby Vernon Boulevard.
    The black gantries on the water are an icon of Long Island City and Queens. During the construction of the Long Island Railroad, the gantries were used to load and unload train cars onto boats. The Long Island signs were mistakenly written on the front and confused people into thinking they were looking at Long Island, when in fact the area is Long Island City. Even though the gantries no longer operate, those who created the park kept them in place to preserve a piece of history in Queens – a beautiful park for everyone in a historically industrial area.
    The park has several piers on which people walk over to be on the water. One of them, pier 4, offers visitors fishing spots. According to Gantry Park’s website, there are also areas for those who want to exercise and play sports – tennis, football, soccer – just to name a few. Sunbathers can find nice wooden reclined chairs and benches to relax on. During warmer months, there are concerts and people can have a picnic. Children can play on one of the park’s playgrounds. With all of these activities and amenities, this is a park that people of all ages and interests can have fun.
    The majority of hospitality and service can be observed while exiting the Vernon Boulevard/Jackson Avenue subway station. The street is lined with rows and rows of restaurants, comedy clubs, and night clubs. A nice plan would be to visit one or several of these places, perhaps for a date or weekend family outing, and then visit the park after.
    With that said, I think the park itself can attract more visitors if it had more of the hospitality businesses and services that can be seen on Vernon Boulevard. Although I visited in the middle of fall, midday on a weekday, I did not see many restaurants nearby. The closest restaurant to the park appeared to be the Riverview Restaurant. It’s possible I also passed a closed concession stand in the park. I think a café across the area would suit nicely, as it can be a place for visitors in the colder months to warm up and enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
    Though quieter in the fall and winter, Gantry Plaza State Park is a wonderful place to visit for everyone. It offers so many different activities, incredible views of the city skyline, and a trip back in time to the building of Queens and New York City.

5. Vincent says:

Vincent Ang
    HMGT 101
    NYC Attraction

New York City is one of the oldest cities brought up since English came to the Americas. But one of the city’s attractions that many people come to see and experience is Central Park. It is the biggest park in the city. It is located in Midtown in Manhattan. The park starts in Columbus Circle on 59 St and between 5th and 8th Ave.
    It is a beautiful 150+ years old park. The park itself is about 750 acres wide. With very minimum traveling time people can be away from the city life and enjoy peaceful, relaxing, and quite nature. Since New York City is one of the greatest Cites in the world, New York City’s Central Park offers a great deal of space that allows people to be away from the city life. In the park, you can take a horse carriage ride year around, ice skating during the winter, small boat ride in the lake during spring and summer, and they have their own Central Park Zoo where they film the movie Madagascar.
    I myself go to Central Park to go on picnics or just to hang out with my friends under the trees on a sunny day. They Also have basketball courts, handball courts, and baseball fields for recreational fun. They also host many events at different areas of the park such as, tours, concerts, marathons, discovery walks, and free fitness classes.
    The park is so big that it takes about a whole day to see the whole park. The park is broken down to four parts, the South End, Mid- Park, North End, and Throughout the Park. For an example, in the park, the Carousel is in the South End of the park, the Wollman Rink is in the South End, the Lake is Mid-Park, Shakespeare Garden is Mid-Park, the Loch and Reservoir is at the North End.
    To get there, the N, Q, R train from the east side and get off at 59 st and 5 Ave or take the A, B, C, D Train from the west side and get off at Columbus Circle. If you are coming from the north of the island, you can take the A, B, C,2 ,3 train to 110St. If you prefer taking the bus; it does take longer to get there but you can get the city view and see the city, you can take the M10, M86, M1 M2, M3, M4 buses which will bring you directly there.
    Central Park also have many environmental Educational events where the park’s conservation provides activities for children to learn about the environment. In their Youth programs, you can bring your child or children to experience and learn skills for learning and inquiry. They also have a discovery club where families can explore different ecosystem.
    Central Park is one of the greatness attraction in New York City. It can be a great experience for adults and children. There is also an event or activates that can be done. There are also many forms of transportation that you can take to get there. There is more than 750 acres to explore and many different cultures to see within the park. This is why I think Central Park is one of many attractions any tourist must see.