A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Introductions

Hey my name is Rashon M. but I prefer Ra, I’m a computer info systems major, I turn 18 in about a week and my favorite color is yellow. I’m not too sure if the picture I have chosen has been uploaded but  is a picture of my favorite character Rock Lee from the show Naruto. I have chosen that picture because its my home screen and also because the things Rock Lee stands for are able to be implemented in real life situations. I’m hopeful that since I am a little familiar with online learning that the learning curve isn’t too steep. However, I’m worried that the lack of communication between student and teacher may cause a disconnect, and if that disconnect isn’t managed or addressed students who don’t know how to use sites like blackboard,openlab, or cunyfirst may be lost. Regardless I look forward to working with everyone and I wish luck upon all for this semester.

Thank you.

1. Prof. Edelson

GREAT WORK getting a post up! Good job! I am also really concerned about good communication between all of us and that is an issue we will have to keep addressing this fall. Please feel free to email me, set up office hours, set up chats, etc! I am HERE, you just can’t really see me….I am used to chatting with all of my students on the first day, face to face!!! And I think that’s incredibly important.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not fully invested in your success in English Composition and we will hit our stride in communication.

2. Brandon Estevez

Hey my name is Brandon I’m 18 and I am majoring in science and technology. If you can’t tell by my profile picture I’m really into tv shows, it allows me to be taken into a whole other world and let my imagination wonder. I love dogs specifically huskies. I love playing video games it has allowed me to stay intact with families and friends during this time.
    College is new to me and sometimes gets me nervous but I know that being focused and calm will allow me to power through. Hope everyone is well

• Prof. Edelson

Thanks for posting! Stay calm and know that you have successfully completed your first assignment!

3. Christian Hermonstyne

Welcome to the class I also like Naruto,but rock lee is not my favorite character

4. Ramzan

I strongly agree with the teach to student communication. Great point!