As I read through both Texts “Maybe I could save my life by writing” and “Mexican American Disambiguation” Jose explained how he didn’t feel he belong in the United States hence he didn’t feel at home in neither places. An important idea from the text “Maybe I could save my life by writing” is “I was living in the wrong country. I didn’t make sense in the United States, but if I moved to México, I would make sense”. I found this sentence very interesting because he felt like he was not part of the United States and he was not feeling at home there however, as soon as he moved to Mexico he was also not feeling he would fit there as well. Furthermore, An important idea from the text “Mexican American Disambiguation” is “ those Mexicanos might call my family gringos, which is the word my family calls white folks & white folks call my parents interracial”. This sentence was considered to be quite interesting because even though his parents were Mexican but not living in Mexico they were treated as outsiders by the people who are living in Mexico and his parents would treat the white people as outsiders by saying “Gringo” which is reversible for them. Overall, the author clarifies the main idea through facts and turned them into stories thus the reader can understand the depth of the central idea.