Project 3 Narrative Illustration
In this multilayered assignment you will reinterpret a classic folk tale or fairy tale through your own creative lens. You will, through the course of the assignment develop characters, setting, and finalize 2 illustrations featuring the same character in two very different settings and situations.
- You may choose a vertical or horizontal format.
- Final art will be 11 x 14 – inch, full-color illustration
- You should interpret the story through your own personal artistic lens informed by thorough research and reference.
- Final art will be delivered digitally.
- All drawing will be done traditionally, and will be rendered in a medium and process to be agreed upon with instructor.
Project 3 SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS:
- Upload your 2-3 Final Drawings and your Process Book to DROPBOX. These should be 2 separate submissions.
The file size is 11 x 14 inches
Save as JPEGS / RGB (not CMYK or grayscale)
lastname_imagetitle_01.jpg, lastname_imagetitle_02.jpg etc.
Upload BOTH parts of Project 3 to Dropbox.
Project 3 GRADING BREAKDOWN:
50 % project grade CREATE A PDF PROCESS BOOK guiding us through the project from inception to conclusion. BEGIN the book with your PITCH.
Carefully SCAN your process work. This should include : Your Brainstorm, Thumbnails, Concept Sketches, Value Roughs, Related Sketchbook Work, and Final Designs. Provide a blurb about the project. Include summary of the article you analyzed, and your approach to the project.
Carefully Label all of your work. Be sure all of it is presented well: facing the right way, no shadows in the picture, good contrast, etc.
50 % project grade – CONCEPT ART ( Including Final Drawings and Character Designs for your Story)