Storms of Summer

The article was pretty engaging. The leaders/coordinators at my location only mentioned the hurricane ride out crew–what it is, what it means for cast members (we get paid during our time there) but that’s about it. I signed up for hurricane ride out but it looks like it won’t be necessary.

As far as safety, I was trained on things like chemical hazards, PPE and emergencies that require security/getting a leader (like if a guest interaction starts to take a turn for the worse).

What stuck out the most from this article was how focused they were on ensuring that they got better with each hurricane. I don’t necessarily have any plans on a career in management but I can see how this can apply to responding to emergency situations as a flight attendant. Having situational awareness is important. Communication as mentioned in the article, between pilots, passengers and flight attendants would be high priority too. I didn’t do too much research but this seems like the gist of it. I also thought the phases were really interesting and well thought out and thought it really impressive that employees manually delivered letters to guests.

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.