Weekly Journal #4

Week 4 at work had run pretty smoothly! I am really starting to get into the swing of things. I have got into a routine for the front desk, becoming more efficient every day.

My fellow colleague Gabby & I attended Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

My fellow colleague Gabby & I attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

The hurricane in the Carolinas have been effecting our attendance at Pop tramendously. On an average day, we usually have about 500-700 check-ins. Many guests have been trying to escape the bad weather by them and booked last minute vacations by us. We have been having about 1,000 checkings per day! It has been quite hectic, but I am loving EVERY MINUTE of it!

The lines have been out the door of the lobby to check-in, so it somewhat puts pressure on my and my fellow front desk castmembers to work quickly to ensure we get everyone checked-in as soon as possible. Some of these guests have fled their homes not knowing what they will be coming back home to, so we must ensure a smoothe and quick check-in to relieve some of the pressure that they are dealing with.

Some of the stories that my guests tell me are heartbreaking. Trees falling through houses, houses underwater or completely washed away. I feel horrible for their situations so I always try to keep the conversation light and ensure they have everything they need.

At the front desk, we have a coupon book called “No Strings Attached”. It looks like a check book with a white and yellow copy of each coupon. One for the guest to use and one for our records. A “No Strings Attached” coupon is simply what it says. I can write on the coupon for any one merchandise item up to 50$ for them to retrieve. I haven’t been writing them all day, BUT have been writing them more frequently because of the hurricane relief guests we have been checking in. These coupons are a great way for guest recovery and our leaders have been encouraging use them whenever we think it is necessary.

I visited Diagon Alley with friends from high schoo

I visited Diagon Alley with friends from high school.

With a copious amount of check-ins this past week, it has really things into prospective and made me think differently on how to assess each situation. Having this many guests has defenitely made me more work more efficiently, seeing what works and what doesn’t. Classes start next week which I am really excited for. Luckily, only one classes requires a textbook. All in all week 4 had been great! Looking forward to finally starting classes.

Attended Halloween Horror Nights with a friend from my past CP who flew in from Boston

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.