Read and React 5 – Transformational Leadership

Taking the Organization Leadership class provided me a better understanding of myself and others. The psychological aspect of leading others plays an important part in utilizing all the different leadership styles and requires a talented individual to be able to adapt to the many situations one may face. My focus is on transformational leadership as my team did a presentation on the subject in class. Because of my interest in the Hospitality industry, many occasions I will find myself in a established structural setting looking for ways to make improvement. The transformational leadership approach will work best in such a setting by aiming to adjust and fix problems the location is currently facing through the four traits that comes with being a transofrmational leader. Being inspirational, intellectual stimulating, considerate of individuals, and ideally influencing others. Even in the article, it immediately states the importance of applying transformational leadership in team settings as the author talks about “leadership behavior continually plays an important role in team effectiveness and productivity (Amos & Klimoski, 2014).”

https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/linking-team-condition-performance-transformational-leadership-approach-10707

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.