1. Describe the three models of service delivery in terms of how each impact well-being to either individuals, families and/ or communities. a.Medical b. Public Health c. Human Services
The medical model is for clients who have an illness and come to human service workers for prescription to treatment or cure the point to medical model is trying to get the patient back to their normal state. The public health model examines people to find an approach to prevent diseases, injury etc . Human Services model will help people be able to solve their problems. And try to make the best of their well-being and quality of life.
2. Describe how Philippe Pinel impacted the well-being of those with mental illness.
He impacted the well-being of those with mental illness because he didn’t see it as them being possessed by demons or anything but as a sickness. He said they should be diagnosed as mentally ill and to be treated as patients by physicians. He removed all the inhumane things done on human for having a disorder.
3. Describe how the psychodynamic model promoted the well-being of the human service profession.
The psychodynamic model promoted well-being of the human service profession because the professionals speak with their clients and let them get anything of their mind. They can have the right to speak freely. Than all of this lets the professional determine how to help them and what are the causes of their problems.
4. Describe how medications promoted the well-being of those with mental illnesses.
Medications promoted the well-being of those with mental illnesses because their has been medicine for various illnesses. Such as Psychiatric drugs, Antipsychotic drugs, Antidepressant drugs and antianxiety drugs. Each drugs works for different illnesses each patient might have. For instance, Antipsychotic drugs are for patients who might have schizophrenia or depressive psychosis. Each medication works for the patient with the illness.
5. Describe how electroschock treatment can promote the well-being of a person with severe depression, catatonic states.
Electroshock promoted well-being because it would leave the patient unconscious and when they woke they might tend to have memory loss. With so much treatment after a while the problems of patients began to go away. It was most effective for those patients with depression.
6. Describe how the “strengths based” model approach promotes the well-being of clients/society.
The “strengths based” model approach promotes the well-being of clients/society because it makes each client think about their past problems and helps them to learn from them and not make that mistake again. And also to find out if they might need still need help such as their basic needs.