1. Describe the three models of service delivery in terms of how each impact well-being to either individuals, families, and/or communities.
The three models of service delivery are the medical model, the public health model and the human service model. The medical model impacts the well-being of an individual because it helps a person who is ill and needs medicine to cure their disease or sickness. The public health model impacts communities because it’s goal is to prevent and protect people from plagues and promote healthiness. The human service model impacts individuals because it helps them identify their problems and how to solve them, it teaches them how to realize their strengths and how to use their own knowledge to make decisions for themselves.
2. Describe how Philippe Pinel impacted the well-being of those with mental illness.
Philippe Pinel impacted the well-being of those with mental illness because he believed that those who were suffering with these sicknesses deserved to be treated equally to those with medicinal issues. He promoted the idea that they should be treated like humans and not animals with chains.
3. Describe how the psychodynamic model promoted the well-being of the human service profession.
The psychodynamic model promoted the well-being of the human service profession because it addresses the foundation of psychological processes to improve people’s lives.
4. Describe how the medications promoted the well-being of those with mental illnesses.
Medications promoted the well-being of those with mental illnesses because patients can’t handle it on their own and need assistance. Through these medications they can lead healthier lives.
5. Describe how electroshock treatment can promote the well-being of a person with severe depression, catatonic states.
Electroshock treatment can promote the well-being of a person with severe depression because it made problem behaviors decrease after several weeks of treatment.
6. Describe how the “strengths based” model approach promotes the well-being of clients/society.
The strengths based model approach promotes the well-being of clients/society because it allows them to identify what their issues are, analyze them and then work through them to properly solve their troubles. If these steps are worked out accordingly the client will be able to successfully work through future dilemmas.