Feedbacks To a Better Essay

Writing the first essay of college can be really difficult. It’d required many revisions and many thinking. In class, I had received a few suggestion to make the essay better. However, I felt a little down after receiving both my peers and professor intake on my essay. I was shocked, I though my first daft was pretty good. I didn’t stop. I just relaxed for one hour and before I know it, I start working on my essay again. I deleted many sentences I don’t need. I then started to write on paper what I can do to make the thesis more stand out. I wrote down the thesis three times with different wording. I then started to write down my argument points. I then type my argument points and looking over the article to find quotes that relates to what I saying. I didn’t do everything in one day. The next morning (today) I worked on it more. Since a class was canceled I had time to work on it fully without rushing. This is when I got my 2nd daft. I plan to basically edit my 2nd daft for my final daft. One big struggle I have are grammar problems. I hope I can work on that before the I have to hand in my final daft.

In the middle of my revision, I just can’t think of any more to add to my essay. I still need like 1/4 of the page left to be filled. I was so blocked out. So, I started writing my cover letter, just to make me type something rather then just sitting there looking at the 1/4 of the page that is blank. At a point I was thinking, this is how I’m going to hand it in like that. Its was 6pm and I am still in the school lunchroom, typing my essay while my friends eat onion rings. I then finally had my thoughts and I put them in the essay.

I learn that sometimes in writing, not just in an essay, but in writing a novel too that a writer’s block can occur, but it’s only for a while. I would eventually know what I want to put in, and continue with writing. I also learn that writing ideas in points can help me translate those ideas into paragraphs and lastly into a full essay. Lastly but not least, I also learn that you might think your writing a perfectly done, but in other eyes, they might not understand your arguement/thesis clearly enough, or they might think that there are some things that they feel like they can be taken out, but I don’t want too. It’s sometimes hard to use the “backspace” button when it comes to writing.

Since, I learn a lot from the process for this essay, I plan to write my next essay the same way. Writing down points, points about the points and then develop it into an essay.  I actually really proud of my 2nd daft. I hope to revise and edit it one last time before Tuesday.