Prof. Jenna Spevack | COMD3504_D061 | SPRING 2024 | Thurs 2:30pm

Avar He Zapata – Negative Engagement On The Internet and Design

Print this page

1. Adrika Hoque

Hi Avar, your presentation had a lot of good information and proposed solutions. I would’ve liked to see some specific images of the negative design interactions that you spoke about and more visuals in general. I also really liked the mention of JOMO from your research, very clever!

2. Andre Sadhu

Avar, your presentation was well-delivered. You explained the problem in detail, gave background info, and presented effective solutions.

3. Andre Sadhu

I also really liked the idea of JOMO.

4. Miranda N.

Hey Avar, first of all JOMO!!! An amazing concept. I love it.

Your topic is important! Your thesis seems to be we need to create more safety for kids on social media. I feel if you mention kids sooner, up front, the negativity you are exposing will have more impact. The bullet point slide was too brief, as mentioned in class, I’d like to see it a bit longer. Great presentation of a really important topic.

5. Sonali Heath

Hello Avar, Great Presentation on Effects Internet culture. Your points really hit the mark on how we as a society need to be more on the negative and positive effects of social media. The term JOMO is really nice touch and has made a success to prove your points very well. I would recommend adding more visuals to your slides, to help prove your point more but Overall this was a very interesting topic