Obtaining an Internship (#2)

FreePik

Accessible Formats:

StephanieE_ObtainingAnInternship_English

StephanieE_ObtainingAnInternship_Spanish

Translation and audio generated by software

Alt-Text / Google Translator / Blackboard Ally

I am currently participating in an internship where I am part of a team assigned to work with a nonprofit organization. Our objective is to develop a campaign for their company. Our team has different roles: Account Management, Project Management, Strategists, Copywriter, Production, and Art Direction. As a Strategist, my primary responsibilities involve researching, creating impactful strategies, contributing to brand development, collaborating with the creative team, and measuring campaign performance. I also make sure to stay updated on industry trends to ensure the success of our marketing efforts.

This internship provides a valuable opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group and support nonprofits in positively impacting the community. Initially, I hadn’t planned on pursuing an internship for the summer. However, when this opportunity arose, I decided to seize it. I learned about the program through my professor, who invited representatives to our campus to discuss and enroll. I completed the application and received an email shortly after to schedule a Zoom interview. The group interview was engaging and had a relaxed atmosphere.

The organization’s founder asked intriguing questions, such as who we would invite to dinner and how we would rate our communication skills. These questions were aimed at assessing our compatibility with the team. Following the interview, I was informed I would receive a response by the following week. To my delight, I received an email inviting me to join their team. This was especially exciting as it was the only interview I had lined up for the summer.

During the hiring process, I was required to create an introduction slide about myself and provide a head-to-shoulder picture. I also completed a form and survey to be matched with two mentors who will support me throughout the project. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the team and establishing new connections through this experience.