For my assignment, I decided to draw 10 different thumbnail sketches. The first frame shows people wearing masks to protect themselves walking in unison while the earth is behind them. The second frame shows the entire earth and symbols of the Covid disease spreading around the globe. The third frame shows the entire globe and all of the different landmarks and countries around the world. The fourth frame shows all of the famous countries’ landmarks and airplanes passing by them. The fifth thumbnail shows people running away from Covid and people escaping in airplanes. The sixth thumbnail shows airplanes fleeting to other countries and fleeting from cities. The seventh thumbnail shows people being concerned and rising up and the different landmarks of different countries behind them. The eighth thumbnail shows two people coughing near each other wearing masks. The nine thumbnail shows the entire globe and the American health cross symbols all around the earth. The last thumbnail shows the earth on fire and it shows syringes that have the cure surrounding the earth. For my two concept sketches, I decided to focus on the second and seventh frames as I feel those are better representations of what I want in my magazine article redesign.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/03/01/why-does-the-pandemic-seem-to-be-hitting-some-countries-harder-than-others