3 Things that I believe I am a master and have interests in

• Soccer
  • Video Games
  • Math (Calculations)

Soccer is what gives me happiness playing, watching, and talking about. I know that sadly the sport in the professional game has become more of a business, it’s basically rich people owning tv companies, tickets, stadiums to earn money and they do anything to gain more money, rather than caring about this beautiful sport. In an article at Forbes, the women’s USA national soccer team say that for their success in winning the most world cups,4 gold medals and 8 CONCACAF gold cups (During that time period), they would say that they were paid less than the men’s USA national soccer team, which never won a single world cup. While knowing so much about the men’s soccer team, I didn’t know a lot about this controversy with the female side of soccer. My question about this would be: How can they balance the players earning with a fair and equal amount of pay for both women and men with especially the recent pandemic, causing teams to lose millions of dollars?

It’s been a while since I have touched a video game, but I have that talent to play good in any game, and games are always fun. In an article by Game Rant, there has been recent controversy last year with Activision Blizzard as last year, there has been reports of sexual harassment, toxicity and gender discrimination from the workers in the company. This is absolutely terrible, and an investigation is being done to this day. I didn’t know about such terrible acts from a company like Blizzard, that are famous for many games. It made me think and question: What can we do to stop or lower the amount of toxicity and discrimination from video games, mainly multiplayer games?

Math is 50/50 for me, I like it because I am good with numbers and understand most of it.  For this topic, I decided to talk about economic problems, which I have some knowledge about. Most people talk about the war between Russia and Ukraine and the damages, refugees, etc. However, there has to be more attention put in the economy of both countries. This war, according to an article by CNN, says that Ukraine economy could drop by half this year and could be worse, depending on the duration and intensity of the war. While Russia being so powerful, there economy has dropped and is currently in a recession. These drops have affected Europe and Asia, which can cause a terrible decline to trade and value of things. My question would be: If war escalates, then how can we manage to save the economy from another great depression, and what’s the extent damage that a war can cause?