Lipogram No O

I have never liked change in my entire life, even if it put me in a better place than where I started. I was a careful kid and never did anything risky. The nerves I had then have definitely stayed with me as I aged. In my mind, change is scary. The result is usually unpredictable and the entire affair is unfamiliar. But, despite my anxieties, things will change. The phrase “life is change” will never be untrue, and that statement can be painful. Change isn’t just life, it is risk as well. There have been many changes in my life that hurt me but they shaped the individual I am and the way I think. As I said, I like things that are familiar and safe, but what a stagnant life that is. I try remembering that there isn’t fun never changing! Never changing my everyday regime might just drive me crazy. That was a silly example but there are times when change is necessary. Change within myself is the first thing that my mind thinks when I say necessary change. My family and I differ in mindset and that is because I tasked myself with things that expanded my thinking and general perspective. 

There are many changes that are scarier than just my regime and mentality. Frightening change in my mind equals death. Death isn’t a change I handle well at all. Even in my first assignment in this class I write detailing my grandfather and the way his death affected me. Sadly, death is just as inevitable as change. There are many scary changes like a fire, misplacing a significant item, etc. It’s hard resisting labeling these as “bad” changes when they are very clearly terrible but, accepting it as just change and just being mindful when feelings arise has helped me in accepting change in general. Every scary change in my life I have adapted and learned, keeping that in mind helps me feel less upset and scared. Practicing mindfulness is what helps me accept change and be in tune with myself.

1. Kenneth Marshall

Hey Abbey I think speaking to death, i think realizing and acknowledging that we all have to deal with it is one of the most scariest things i have to consider. It is constant and we are challenge to proceed with life anyway. It does shake me to the core and in the same breathe gives me the heighten sense to appreciate the things i strive to keep.