Assignment #1

Anxiety. This word would describe the feeling I’m getting from this course. It’s been 2 years since high school, and I haven’t been writing for a while. Even if I wrote sometimes, theirs no trainer that would rectify my writing. winter vacation wasn’t a big thing for me. I started working and new plans were created which were way more useful than last year.  The only concern for this semester is the idea that here I am writing again with the feeling Overwhelmed and nervous. I lowkey prefer in-person because I get lazy when it’s online. Facing the computer and attempting to do your assigned work for like an hour and sitting in the same spot doesn’t encourage me to do work. This is just a challenging way for me to comprehend. However, I’m optimistic and willing to see how would this new opportunity turn out

Choose this picture because I’m taking the positive side of this course. The mindset of positive thoughts would keep me motivated.

1. Tina

Hi Asia, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Similarly, it’s been almost 3 years since I last took a writing course and my skills are a bit rusty. I’m also a fan of having in-person courses over online courses as staying motivated is something I struggle with from time to time. I find that at times, it’s difficult to keep up with online courses, especially when they are asynchronous since there are rarely any interactions amongst the students and professors. However, I’m glad that we have an opportunity to connect with and get to know each other a bit more through these posts. I hope we can both continue to maintain a positive mindset throughout the rest of this course!

• Haifa

Hey, totally agree with you. Hopefully, we get thru this.

2. camila

I think you’re making the right move with starting off the semester with optimistic thoughts. Online school really is so tough but I feel like you have the right mindset with how you approach difficult situations. I wish you the best of luck in this upcoming semester and I have absolute faith you will accomplish a lot 🙂

3. Sarah Schmerler

Asia,
    I really like the picture you chose. It is “both, and,” if you know what I mean. I think it reflects how you explained your current mood: anxious AND optimistic.
    That kind of feeling-cocktail (if I may make up a phrase) is a vibe I know all too well.

I do different kinds of things to mitigate it: the flavor peppermint makes me feel better immediately (weird, right? I try to keep it by my computer); fixing up a spot to concentrate in my room helps me; reading good books helps me (totally inspiring); and, well, just Starting.
    Starting helps. It means there is motion, and my anxiety needs that. Waiting, for me, is difficult.
    So, I will say that our “asynchronous” semester “starts” on Tuesday.
    That is only a couple days away.
    Almost there!

Welcome, Asia.

P.S. It looks like your colleagues have already responded. THEY started class.
    My job just got easier.

4. Corbin

It’s pretty difficult to stay focused when all of your work is online, especially in an asynchronous course as opposed to a synchronous one. Having to go into at least something that resembles some form of classroom really aids the learning experience so I can relate to that.
    Although I do prefer online learning for some courses, mainly the ones that I’m already fairly good at. English is definitely one where not having that environment harms more than helps, though I’m optimistic that after 2 years of doing this I can at least do this with some measure of success.