My Intro

My word – Intrigued

Hello, my name is Leandro, but I go by Leo. My winter vacation was eventful, I’m continuing to build a house with my father, and I also decided to switch my studies to nursing.  I am concerned if I’m making the right choice switching career paths but I’m excited to make the change. I’m also nervous because I haven’t written a piece of literature since Junior year of high school.  Unlike others I actually prefer being online I feel I have more freedom and not limited to a chair in school. My grades have actually risen because of virtual classes, and I hope to stay online long as possible. I’m looking forward to what this class will bring and become a better writer.

I chose this picture because my goal in life isn’t money, fast cars, or big homes. My goal in life is to be at peace and have time to do what I want. I can’t achieve this without struggles and sacrifices but in the end, I want to be at peace and satisfied with life.

1. Sarah Schmerler

Leo, I am totally intrigued by what you mention here: so MANY different things. Building (a whole house!), switching career paths, your inner truth… I sense a richness to your life, even — and especially as — you are experiencing a time of transition.

I, personally, use the act of writing as a way to “find” myself. I sometimes don’t know what I feel or think until I write it down.
    For me, writing is a tool, a path…not so much a destination, a “paper,” an object…
    (btw: I have never written any literature, myself, even though I have been a professional writer for over 25 years. Sounds daunting!) Maybe stuff we do in this class will help you in some way on your journey?

I hope you will tell us more about nursing and what draws you to it. And also about that house! I am intrigued.
    Wait. I already said that.

Welcome, Leo.

• Lrosas

Hi, yes writing is defiantly a way to find true inner self. I realized this in high school from my literature class. I was so against my class having a essay a week and was undetermined, getting ready to ask my principal if I can switch classes. Turns out I loved it even if I try to deny it and I realized a part of me enjoys writing. Poems to music writing comes in all forms and ways to express myself. I have a positive feeling this class can create great energy and continue making writing fun. Switching career paths is a long story and hopefully we can all have class discussion to express ourselves and connect as a class.

2. Kenneth Marshall

Hey Leo,
    I think it is pretty cool that you decided to switch career paths, even though your concerned dont second guess your decision, it takes a ton of courage to even consider it. I hope your able to excel in the nursing program.

3. Satesh Mahabir

Hey Leo, one thing I can sense is that you are following your heart by switching career and this way you will love what you do. Yes, in life true happiness does not come from owning materials stuffs but the richness of life comes from finding oneself. I do wish you prosperity, happiness and peace.