Illustration and Animation Courses:

In an effort to implement consistency across the curriculum, I oversee all illustration and animation courses, as well as the drawing courses, their foundational prerequisites. 聽I communicate regularly with adjunct faculty on behalf of the department and use my knowledge of the overall curriculum to help better align courses and support student learning holistically. 聽I also encourage the use of the model Openlab courses that I have developed for the track.
COMD 1103 Foundational Drawing COMD 1233 Figure Drawing COMD 3313 Introduction to Illustration COMD 3513 Narrative Illustration COMD 3413 Character Design COMD 3533 Special Topics in Illustration COMD 3633 Advanced Strategies in Illustration COMD 3540 2-D Animation COMD 3640 3-D Animation Documentation: Course Leader for Animation Email

Illustration and Drawing Course Support, SP20

Though my role as course leader is ongoing, in Spring 2020, it changed dramatically. I created a weekly Cluster Meeting for remote Illustration and Drawing Course instructors to aid and unify our approach to distance learning. In addition, I helped the team through mentorship, workshops on best practices, and creating learning standards in that weekly support meeting. As a result, our enrollment and student engagement remained strong despite the incredible challenges both students and faculty face. Role: Course Leader Documentation: 17_11. Drawing Illustration and Photo Cluster next steps.txt