Did You Eat?

Rachel Kim

Just like that, Ciro’s mom was gone. Everything felt numb. Everything was moving so fast and yet slow at the same time … but in the end, life continued. Ciro keeps going to work like any other day and keeps skipping school, as usual. Except when he gets home, it’s silent. Until his friend, Dooly, stops to visit and asks, “Did you eat?”

Readers who’ve enjoyed manga such as Hiiragi Yutaka’s “Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan” or Tana’s “Gohan no Otomo” would enjoy the slow and calm pace of “Did You Eat?”

Tabi Tabi Po

Jhoanna Dimapanat

Tabi Tabi Po is an illustrated series of reimagined Filipino mythological creatures and deities on TEKS cards (2.75″ x 2″ ). Each illustration is accompanied by an informative backstory.

Tabi Tabi Po means May I pass? It is superstition and sign of respect said when passing a spirit’s territory.

Jennie Zhu Pan

Chloe is a teenage girl that dislikes her family’s culture and traditions. One day she finds herself magically transported to the Lantern Festival, which is also the last day of the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year). There she makes a new friend that teaches her things about her culture and guides her through the festival while having fun together. However, this “friend” has something up his sleeve. Will Chloe be able to figure it out and return home?

Whispers Of the Smoke

Evelyn Ng

Whispers of the Smoke is a game that allows players to collaborate and work together to achieve goals in the game, and goals they set for themselves. The target audience is students and other young adults who feel isolated. Each player is crucial for making a change in the world, which is the incentive to continue playing. The goal of my game is to impact young adults positively by giving them a sense of achievement through cooperation. By every action that they do in the game they better the environment and are surrounded by positive affirmations.

The Labor Game

Nat Remy

Problem: In the United States Black, Indigenous, and Latinx women of color experience disparities in maternal and infant heath. Without an equitable and effective standard of care model, women and Expecting Parents have limited childbirth and the labor process resources.

To empower mothers and pregnant people with the tools to feel safe, be heard and cared for, I introduce The Labor Game, a boardgame that encourages players to be active participants in labor to “Make A Care Decision”.

LINK TO FULL PROJECT

The Magicians Apprentice

Garnet Rosario Garcia

Animation. Illustration. Comics. Video games.
All of these are professional fields that require their own form of background designers, colorists, character designers, and more. However, each industry has its own nuances and needs, and thus, the pipeline used in each line of work varies.

My senior project is an exploration of the animation development pipeline. Throughout the last semester, I have gone through the process of “developing” a personal story, entitled “Ashta: The Magician’s Apprentice”, using the methods and steps a professional animation studio would. The goal of my senior project is to educate others on the animation pipeline, and push me to understand my craft more than I did before.

Town Tales

Yari Zhiliang

Town Tales is a Graphic novel series intended for publication as a webcomic. This modern Fantasy sage is my updated. version. of the fairy tale, folklore, and mythology genre.  In issue one we meet our main character Estella as she moves into her college dorm.  She gets to know her amusing new roommate Lily as the two go on an unexpected adventure together to find Lily’s estranged mother. 

The Dream Door

Cindy Ovando

The Dream Door is a webcomic targeted at teens that focuses on self-discovery.  In The Dream Door, the main character learns to accept herself for who she is no matter what others may think of her.

Miruku is a dream knight facing a troubling situation that could disband her group, Supernova.  She must decide whether to face her problems head-on and accept herself for who she is.