To help our students remain connected during COMD ‘s move to distance learning in Spring 2020, I created a weekly interview series for illustration students focused on career development. In addition, students facilitated and moderated discussions with professional guest speakers in Illustration, Animation, and Publishing.

See links below to watch studnet modetated discussions.

• Comic Book Author (DC COMICS) – Amy Chu
  • Illustrator and Graphic Journalist (Penn State Press)Eli Neugeboren
  • Illustrator and Book Editor (40 year+ freelance career) – Anthony Accardo

EVENTS

Faculty Face-Off Series, FA19, SP21

Faculty Face-Off, created by Professor Josh Kapuscinski, is a Student Engagement event in which rival professors are pitted against each other for a timed design challenge in front of a live student audience to create culture, model creative practices, and build morale. In the Fa l of 2019, I participated as a contestant for the first time. In Spring 2021, I built upon that experience by taking a leadership role.

Spring 2021: As a part of our departmental theme for SP21, of the work of Gordon Parks, and in conjunction with the Gordon Parks Themed Student Exhibition, I helped organize the Spring 2021 Faculty Face-Off, Remote edition. This Battle Royale featured eight faculty contestants and was streamed live on YouTube.

Documentation:

FFO YOUTUBE LINK

FacutyFaceOFF.pdf