Topic: Digital Fabrication 2 (Arduino and other basic components)
- Introducing the Breadboard
- Go to TinkerCAD learn website and find the Breadboard demonstration page
- Follow the instruction and complete the RGB LED circuit.
- After completing this circuit, you should see the LED light turned on when you press each of push buttons.
- If something looks wrong, please double check below.
- Make sure that you correctly locate the required components with correct directions.
- The resister used above example was 450 Ω.
- Check you correctly locate the direction of push buttons. (90 º rotated)
- Use the rotation button on the top-left corner to place LED and push button.
- Your pre-class tasks
- Understand how the circuit of breadboard is designed internally.
- Why did you use 450 ohm register?
- UNO Elegoo LED Datasheets.
- In your pre-class module, you used 450 ohms. Why did you use 450 ohms?
- V = I x R
- Battery = 9 v
- Recommended LED current = 0.02A
- Required resister?
- In Arduino circuits
- Arduino I/O voltage = 5 v
- LED recommended current = 0.02A
- Required resister, R = V / I = 5V / 0.02A = 250
Learning sensor – Photoresistor
- Build a physical circuit below
- Write the codes on Arduino
- Upload and test it
- Change the amount of light goes to Photoresistor and see what happens.
- Open Serial Monitor on Arduino [Tools] – [Serial Monitor]
- Your reflections
- In Arduino programming, how can you trace data flow while running it?
- How did this example get input signal? Analog? Why?
An application of Photoresistor, Light Detector
- Built the circuit below by modifying previous circuit.
- Write codes below (ignore the commented lines “// this is a comment line”)
- Run your Arduino and see what happens
- Your reflections
- Explain the codes you used.
- If you want to change the sensitivity of the photo sensor, what parts of the codes do you need to change?
- How can you apply this technique into real-world problem-solving?
- Weekly Reflection
- What did you learn?
- How will you use the concepts you learned?
- What do you want to learn more?
- Open portfolio
- Review your Open Portfolio.
- Instructor will review and grade your Open Portfolio this Friday.
- Next week
- Oct 19th
- Digital fabrication 3, focused on motors and sensors.
- Design and build an automatic hand-sanitizer dispenser