|Solar One: Affordable Solar Program Manager|
CodeGreen Solutions: Sustainability Analyst
MoMA: Student Ambassador (deadline April 15)
NYC Comptroller’s Fellowship Program: Fellowship: Bureaus of Comptroller’s Office
Edge Environment Sustainability Consulting, Inc.: Sustainability Consultant – Circular Economy and Life Cycle Thinking Focus
Department of City Planning: Program Manager, Associate Borough Planner
Safari Energy, A PPL Company: Analyst/Associate, Special Projects
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.: Environmental Permitting and Compliance Engineer or Scientist
|CUNY DOMINICAN STUDIES INSTITUTE|
2021 Summer Internship ProgramAs we approach Spring Break, CUNY DSI is accepting applications for the Research Unit’s 2021 Summer Internship Program.
The Dominican Studies Institute of the City University of New York (CUNY DSI) is the nation’s first university-based research institute devoted to the study of people of Dominican descent in the United States and other parts of the world. CUNY DSI’s mission is to produce and disseminate research and scholarship about people of Dominican descent, and about the Dominican Republic.
Offered remotely this year, the Summer Internship Program is open to undergraduate and graduate students from around the world interested in Dominican Studies. Interns will have the opportunity to work under the tutelage of CUNY DSI scholars and the team of experts at the CUNY DSI Library and Archives.
Click here for more information
Job Title: Revit Structural Designer
Location: Eastern USA
PARASOL is seeking a motivated, talented and hard-working Revit Structural Designer to join our team to manage the design of commercial solar canopy projects from schematic design through construction. The ideal candidate has a passion for innovative management and design solutions and takes pride in and ownership of resolving technical and logistic issues.
PARASOL is strategically positioned for continued expansion and success. As we grow so should your role, responsibility and compensation. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate Revit proficiency as part of interview process.
PARASOL’s mission is to make a significant and enduring contribution to the deployment of solar energy with the goal of making a safer and cleaner world for all. The Parasol team is committed to playing a central role in the solar canopy market and, by doing so, accelerating the paradigm shift to solar as the primary source for electric generation.
Our work environment and culture supports personal and professional growth, success, new
opportunities, and advancement for all its members. The PARASOL team is unified by a common goal of having a positive influence in the world and creating a company culture that fosters respect and innovation. Our growing team is comprised of a diverse group of bright and motivated individuals who enjoy problem solving on a daily basis. The solar industry is exciting, highly competitive and one of the fastest growing industries; the PARASOL team takes a disciplined approach to maintaining a healthy balance between work and home, so we can be happy, inspired and successful in the marathon of life.
• A professional structural or architectural design degree or equivalent
• 3 years professional Revit experience required
• 3 – 5 years or more of commercial engineering / construction or similar design/build experience
• Experience supporting all aspects of design/build projects from proposal through construction
• Experience with foundation and steel detailing
• Experience with shop drawing review
• Demonstrated skills interfacing with engineering teams to implement product designs
• Experience reading proposals and participating in competitively bid contracts
• Experience with project communication and documentation
• Autocad 2D, Office, Excel and Adobe or Bluebeam proficiency a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete ownership of project models and construction documents from concept thru fabrication
• Report to Design Director to understand work goals, standards, and design process
• Interface with sales team as required to define project requirements
• Interface with project management team as required to understand project requirements.
• Develop all project drawings and documents as required to support proposal, progress, IFP and IFC drawings submittals
• Support leadership at the project level. Interact with clients and third party consultants
• Support the development of product designs and detailing to improve quality and performance.
• Coordinate with procurement teams to support accurate bidding and fabrication of canopy components
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
• Solar energy is a new industry and one of the fastest growing with great opportunities and challenges
• Work with creative people committed to design, innovation, and professional growth
• Work in a highly collaborative team environment with people who are passionate about what they do
• Experience it all. Parasol is full service company offering design, finance and construction services
• Diverse group of clients, New York to Hawaii, from Fortune 100 companies to major Universities
• Location of employee is flexible, 100% work from home OK for now
• Open workspaces in all of our offices facilitating team work, collaboration and knowledge
PARASOL is a market leader for the design, development, fabrication and installation of innovative solar structures and systems. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with the best products, service and system performance; in doing so, we have created a national brand recognized for being a market leader. PARASOL specializes in transforming parking lots into beautiful solar power plants, recognized for best in class architecture. Parasol is a full-service design & build company nationwide and is strategically positioned to bring finance to select projects.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Compensation: commensurate with experience (please include salary requirements when applying)
• Unlimited vacation days after 6 months
• Healthcare benefits after 3 months
• Quarterly reviews to foster professional growth and satisfaction
• Annual reviews to evaluate performance
• Bonus: discretionary, based on individual and company performance
TO APPLY: Email your Resume, Cover Letter and Technical Work Samples to:
Email Subject: Job Title, Your Last Name, Job Location
Cover letter to include:
1. What excites you about solar energy
2. Why you are interested in working at Parasol
4. Salary requirements
5. Available starting dates
The Writing Center is offering ONLINE TUTORING for City Tech students in Spring 2021. Students who need help with essays, research papers, lab reports, etc., are encouraged to email email@example.com to schedule appointments for one-on-one Zoom tutoring. All genres of writing from all disciplines are welcome!
Writing tutors will meet with students for 45-minute sessions. When coming in for an appointment, students should share an electronic copy of the assignment guidelines and preferably a draft of their work.
In addition to one-on-one writing tutoring, we also offer:
1. Small group productivity workshops to support homework completion. Please see our weekly workshop schedule here.
2. Specialized workshops to support reading and writing. Please see here for a list of our upcoming workshops.
The Writing Center will follow City Tech’s academic calendar. Our hours are from Monday to Friday. We are open through Monday, May 24, and closed for holidays.
Here’s a video about our services. Visit the Writing Center OpenLab site for more information and learn more about scheduling an appointment.
MET Peer Advisement 11 am- 2pm TODAY (2-22-21): open
With: Itzchak Mor
Current Session Info: 11 am – 2 pm
Skype ID: imor91 or Projectshort@gmail.com