Elaine Curiel – A Washington Heights/ Bronx Native Roots from Dominican Republic

I am an aspiring family Multipotentialite/Family business owner in the hospitality field.Studying in one of NYC’s best Hospitality Management programs at New York City College of Technology to attain my First Bachelors Degree.

To begin my journey, I worked in Pret A Manger (French for Ready-To-Eat), an International Freshly Made Food and Organic Coffee Shop Chain Founded in London in 1983. Based in New York City, as a Barista/Prep/Cashier for a year there I learned and got experience of Food Integrity, Excellent Customer Service, and work with a Sense of Urgency in a Fast-Paced Environment.

After completing High School in the Manhattan Comprehensive Night And Day School in New York City I got a job in Chipotle Mexican Grill, many people’s favorite fast authentic Mexican food. It is a wonderful company that cares about their food and people founded Colorado in 1933. It is an excellent food corporation to join if anyone wants to start learning real kitchen skills and management. Chipotle is big with fresh food and quick exceptional service. With that, you will learn the skills of a chef and always practice food safety. I am currently completing 3 years at Chipotle. I hold the position of a Service Manager and I have attained skills in leadership, organizational, and office skills.

Recently I acquired the opportunity to open at a  brand new hotel Hyatt Place Chelsea New York City as Guest Service Host.

The next step in my career path I am looking forward to doing is anything that allows me to see the world while in my many interests and creative pursuits in the hospitality/ travel and tourism field.

Thus far, my experience has allowed me to attain more skills such as always eager to achieve more, learn more, and improve, adapt, train and teach others. Be a very motivated hard worker, to learn all aspects of a job. Also, an honest, dependable, trustworthy partner. To be resilient, always able to find new approaches to resolve any issues that give an excellent result.