Greetings everyone,

My name is Zoila Lopez, and this is my first year at City Tech, I’m a recent graduate with an associate degree in Liberal arts. I transferred from Borough of Manhattan Community College and intended to major in nursing until I decided not to pursue that major. It wasn’t that I didn’t like it, but I wasn’t passionate about it. I graduated high school in 2011 and obtained my servsafe certification, from there I found a job as a pastry chef which I very much love, then as a chef, host, waiter, and busser. I’m working my way to major in Hospitality Management. A few reasons why I choose this major first all I love to cook and bake. Secondly, I love engaging with others with their point of view. Lastly, I’m very creative and open minded.

What got me into the Hospitality Management field? As a child my mom always told me that I needed to learn how to cook. So, she taught me. Then after high school I loved it even more. I started working in different stations of the restaurant. It was an exciting learning experience, but I wanted more than that. Two years ago, I got married and my wedding planner and I both worked very hard on making our dream come true. She was always there for us, had everything under control, and the best part of all, she always gave us a smile. My number one goal is to become a wedding/event planner in my own building and to pass on a lifetime memory with a smile. My first actual event that I will be doing is my son’s first birthday bash. This is where my creativity will be displayed and my food.

Other than cooking and creating wonderful memories I love taking pictures in portrait and landscape mode. My husband bought me a camera a few years ago and we’ve been shooting it just for fun. I’ve gotten better at editing and my husband is better at taking pictures. Both husband and son, even our yorkie (2 human years), love my cooking. It took me a while to get where I’m at, but the most important thing is that I have the mindset to reach it. Not just for me but for my little family and for other lovely couples.