Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Nickay Green, Meet my Apple watch

Meet my apple watch

I receive this Apple watch as a birthday gift two years ago. I must admit when I first got my Apple watch I was not excited about it because I did not see the need for a smartwatch when I already have a smartphone that I use for everything. Never-the-less I wear it because it was a gift and I like the pink color.

For the first few months, I just used it to tell time and respond to text messages when I am far away from my cell phone ( which is my favorite feture).

One day I was mindless playing around with the apps on the watch and that’s when I discover the health app that I could use to track my daily workout activity.
To say I was excited about this discovery would be an understatement.

I would not say I am a health fanatic but I do try to track my daily activity level and set monthly activity goals that I work towards achieving through daily walks and working out at the gym.

I would normally use the health app on my I-phone to track my daily steps, but I realize that it was not completely accurate because during work, my phone would be in my bag and I would be active throughout my shift and my steps were not being logged. With the apple watch, I get to wear it throughout the day and all my activity get logged in the health app, and it even gives me a weekly summary of my workout and do a comparison to previous weeks and even previous months so I can see my progress or if I need to put in more work to meet my target.

Apple has released newer and more advance Apple watches since I got mine, but I will stick with mine since it is still working perfectly. Who knows, I might add it to my Christmas list this year and see if my family would be generous and buy me one of the newer models.

1. Luzmery

Hi Nickay, I like how you used your Apple Watch not because you felt you needed it but because it was a gift, it shows that you truly appreciate and care about everything that is given to you. I’m glad you are taking advantage of it, I have one too and I also use to track my daily steps. If you decide to get a new Apple Watch, would it be pink again or a different color? If is a different color, which one would it be? Red is a cute color though!!! 🙂

2. Leviza Murtazayeva

Hey Nickay, I loved reading your story about your Apple Watch. I can relate to you . Before I purchased mine I thought I would never really use it and I have my phone for that. But I started working. They became really useful and I appreciate every penny as well. Hard for work was put in Any money. What else do you use your watch for?

3. Parikshit Thapa

Hi Nickay,
    I really liked your story about your Apple Watch. It was really interesting to know how you found out about the health app. Even I got my Apple Watch as a birthday gift. When I first got my apple watch, I was really excited too. I used to text, receive calls, watch pictures, etc through my apple watch. I also liked how I was able to know how many miles I had traveled, and how much energy I burned. Apple watches are really helpful and useful. You said that you already had another smartwatch, was it from Samsung or Apple?