ENG1141 Creative Writing, FA2020

active 2 months, 2 weeks ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, FA2020
English
1141

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Adama Barro,Final portfolio

Final-Portfolio-1Download See MoreAdama Barro,Final portfolio

Mamadou Diallo, Final Portfolio

Chap-BookDownload See MoreMamadou Diallo, Final Portfolio

Marina Malak, Final Portfolio

final-portfolio-last-versionDownload See MoreMarina Malak, Final Portfolio

Thank you Professor, It was a honor taking your class this semester. I sure did learn a lot. Have […] See More

Scene 2, cohort 3 I disagree with Robert on the scene being a slow pace; I think it was fast […] See More

Truth & Beauty

I really enjoy chapter 1 of “Truth & Beauty” by Ann Patchett, the way she describes Lucy, although she was sick, after multitude surgeries, she did not stop being happy. Lucy was smart arrogant, she became more comfortable to live her […] See MoreTruth & Beauty