Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Leviza Murtazayeva, Meet my journal.

Starting my teenage years was really rough since I was dealing a lot with peer pressure and bullying concerning my height, which I believe is so funny now. This pushed me to start something that would distract my mind to become someone better so, I began to own and write in journals.

Having, what others call a talent, artistic skills and ability to draw very well, my journals would not only be an escape from the evil real world but it would also be a book of my feelings and emotions or mood which were demonstrated in the pictures I would often sketch. As of now, the journal is still my escape but it is more of an organizer for me as now that I am older and I have more things to take care of and remember. I usually use it as my notes, reminders, workout timeline and etc. It is my go to, it is always around me where ever I go. I love the fact of writing and being on hand with everything I do. I do not really like typing and seeing/ reading something written of a screen. I would call myself old fashion, as well. Now that that we are social distancing I tend to print every assignment out so I can have it before me and it may be all edited and highlighted. Also, that is a reason why I have my journal instead of writing things down in my phone. I really completes me as a person, makes me stable and organized and positive as well.

1. Luzmery

Hi Leviza, I like how your journal became the best way for you to release your emotions, I know life can be tough sometimes. One thing I really enjoyed reading was how you describe yourself as an “old fashion” because you rather things physically over a computer, I have to tell you I like to keep my things on a journal rather that my phone too. Do you draw in the same journal you keep your daily routine or you have a journal for different thing?

2. Kiara Wright

Hey Leviza, i like the design of your journal but mostly how when things starts to get bad, you have something like your journal to run to, to let out your feelings. what do you do if writing in your journal doesn’t help?

3. Angelica Hernandez

Hi, I wanted to say its great that you used writing as a way to deal with emotions and hard to process thoughts to more of a way to organize yourself. Life isn’t always easy but as long as you find a way to get those emotions out is great. I really like how you don’t rely on your phone to remind you of things because a lot of people rely on their phones. Its good to be less reliant on technology. Have you ever lost a journal of yours, mand if you have were you able to get it back?

4. Kael Krummenauer

Loved that you used the journal as an escape and a tool to keep yourself happy in a difficult time in your life. I always thought having a journal was a great way to look back into the past and see all the hardships that you overcame. How many times a month you find yourself going back to the journal to read through your past thoughts when you are feeling down?

5. Amna Ahmed

It’s really cool that your use a journal to escape from the world. We all need an escape time to time to not only process what’s going on, but to also understand ourselves better. By using a journal, you are able to write all your feelings out and have a space where you can jot important stuff down. I wish I could keep a journal, but I would always forget to use it. Do you have more than one journal?

6. Dylan

I really like how open you are about being bullied and peer pressured. It’s not an easy thing to overcome, but you’ve clearly grown a lot as a person and I think you deserve respect and admiration for moving forward and past that part of your life. I also have a journal that I turn to when things get rough, but I go back and forth between my laptop and my actual journal. How many journals have you gone through?

7. Jozelyn

I like how you chose a healthy outlet to escape and have a piece of mind by writing. I also love how overtime your use of the journal changed, as it now serves as your reminder and so on. Its great to write everything down and feel organized and honestly, writing stuff down is way better then typing it up personally. How many journals have you gone through so far?