Prof. Jessica Penner | OL70 | Fall 2020

Student Post Information

Student Posts

Students can create posts to respond to assignments, submit work, and share ideas. Students must create an account on the OpenLab and join this course before they are able to write posts.

Categories

Students should give their posts the category ā€œStudent Workā€; all posts in this category will appear under ā€œStudent Workā€, with the most recent post first.

Commenting

Students are encouraged to comment on each otherā€™s posts to facilitate discussion and provide peer-to-peer feedback. Scroll down to see the example comment associated with this post.

1. Chelsea Brenyah

List. of three things that caught my attention:
    1. I see that some activities/information will take place on google doc. So I wanted to ask how will we be submitting the activity? Will it be through email, or there will be a link on open lab to submit it through?
    2. How does the writing portfolio works? Do we have to store our papers in a certain file on open lab?
    3. Peer review has always been a challenge for me, because I’m always tempted to be nice, or sometimes its hard for me to find certain ways to make a certain sentence better or take out certain things. I would definitely love to work on my peer review skills this semester.

Online Writing Class:
    -I feel that this class is going to be a lot of keeping up, and making sure your checking for due dates etc. I also feel that it’s going to be a lot of requirements when it comes to writing papers. But I’m glad that you have the option for office hours because sometimes I need more clarity on the requirements for papers. I like the fact that everything is organized so I won’t be all over the place or confused on what I have to do. My past experience with online class was a bit stressful because it was a lot of class that In had to make sure that I was keeping up with, and some class didn’t have office hours so I had to really try my best to figure things out to my best ability. Over all I don’t really have much concerns about the class, I just know that have to be on my A game, and make sure to not miss any assignments that could affect my grade for the class.

2. Chelsea Brenyah

Chelsea Brenyah

8/26/2020

ENG 1121

Word Count: 303

3. Peer review has always been a challenge for me, because Iā€™m always tempted to be nice, or sometimes its hard for me to find certain ways to make a certain sentence better or take out certain things. I would definitely love to work on my peer review skills this semester.

Online Writing Class:
    -I feel that this class is going to be a lot of keeping up, and making sure your checking for due dates etc. I also feel that itā€™s going to be a lot of requirements when it comes to writing papers. But Iā€™m glad that you have the option for office hours because sometimes I need more clarity on the requirements for papers. I like the fact that everything is organized so I wonā€™t be all over the place or confused on what I have to do. My past experience with online class was a bit stressful because it was a lot of class that In had to make sure that I was keeping up with, and some class didnā€™t have office hours so I had to really try my best to figure things out to my best ability. Over all I donā€™t really have much concerns about the class, I just know that have to be on my A game, and make sure to not miss any assignments that could affect my grade for the class.

3. Account Deleted

Ziyam Malik
    ENG 1121 OL70
    Prof. Penner

Three Things I Noticed From The Syllabus:

1. This class is asynchronous
    2. Assignments are due at 12 midnight (which works for me wonderfully).
    3. We do not use black board at all. This class is strictly on open lab which took me sometime to learn to navigate and setup because I have never used this platform before.

I dont have too many concerns for this online class. I took ENG 1101 online in the summer, and I had no trouble following along. However, the ENG 1101 course was on blackboard and not openlab. Openlab is completely new to me and I feel as if I might miss an assignment due to me not being fully comfortable and knowing how to use this platform. This will be a learning experience for me because, the interface for openlab is very unique and strange. I am also confused about how we will be submitting our tests. Will the tests be on openlab or blackboard? Also, will the grades be updated in blackboard or is there someway to check and see our grades for this course on openlab? Overall, I believe I will learn a lot in this course and I will try my best to obtain the highest grade possible.