I think that James Baldwin means that there is more than what we already know. Schools only teach us about what the white race have accomplished in history but barely teach about what Blacks, Hispanics, and other races people have done in history. By saying the “world is larger” he means that there is more that we could learn, there is a lot of unknown things out in the world. We have to go beyond what the school system is teaching us; it is our responsibility to educate ourselves higher levels. We have the right to view things from a different perspective. There is more history in the world and more things that happen other than what happens in America. We have to be open minded to other countries history because even though ours may be “terrible” there is far more worst things happening in the world.

What I wish was taught to me about in school is taxes. I believe taxes is a very important topic that should be taught in school because we pay taxes for almost everything and pay taxes for most of our lives. We go from graduating to getting a job and not understanding why and what taxes we pay. Also, we were not taught how many researchers have used black people for their scientific experiments which abuses them, use them as guinea pigs and lie to them. I believe this is something that should be taught because how James Balwin said “any negro who is born in this country and undergoes the American educational system runs the risk of becoming schizophrenic” we are taught limited things in school about the American culture, often leaving out what the blacks and other races have done for this country. That makes the black children feel undervalue and worthless.