In the video with Jaila Liyscott, she talks about her thoughts on being articulate. Something she mentioned that really stood out to me was when she said “But who controls articulation? Because the English language is a multifaceted oration.”  I thought this quote was important because the truth is, there is no correct way to speak English. As someone who speaks two languages, I’ve encountered many people who have different ways of speaking. My family for instance, we speak Spanish, however I have family from other places in Latin America. The way they speak is extremely different from my way of speaking. In other cultures, they develop slang words I never even heard of before, but that’s what makes us all unique in our own way. The same thing goes for anyone who speaks English. In the video, Jaila Liyscott also says “Now you may think that it is ignorant to speak broken English But I’m here to tell you that even “articulate” Americans sound foolish to the British”. What we may think sounds like normal English here in the United States is not how the people from the United Kingdom think of it. My experience with various ways of speaking English has taught me a lot. Living in new york city, you come across an immense amount of diversity. I grew up in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. That was until I started high school and met people from different ethnic backgrounds. I learned all types of slang words used by my classmates. I can relate to when Liyscott quotes “‘Cause I speak three tongues One for each: Home, school and friends” because at home I speak Spanish. At school, I speak formally. And with my friends, I speak informally. Depending on who you are and where you come from, we all have different ways of speaking to each other.