1)

One of the articles I found really interesting was, “Can Afghanistan’s leading Broadcaster survive the Taliban?” talks about how a cameramen and a journalist were attacked by the taliban , Ziar Khan Yaad, a tolo journalist was beaten five times at gunpont range. As a result of this happening, the taliban also attacked another journalist who was a german broadcaster from Deustsche Welle who one of his family members was shot and killed because he had left the country. Two female journalists were also barred from their jobs as broadcasters as one the female workers at Tolo who interviewed a Taliban about these attacks has fled the country along with many other journalist, this grabbed the attention to the global public because as an intervierwer she knew a lot about what was going on in their country because of all the information she obtained from her interview, it raised a red flag to taliban and was something they were drawn into, as a result many people in Afghanistan were forced to deactivate their social media so that no information about what was going on can be seen.

2)

One of the writing strategies in “Did I really just buy Ebony” I noticed the author was using would be the use of quotes. The use of dialogue is present here because theres a conversaton between two characters Ebony and Eden , Ebony being the interviewer is the one asking the questions and Eden answering them, Eden quoting what she says.