- Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Meeting Info: In Person – on Campus – P122
Topic: Appearance Palette
Interface / Workspace / Appearance Palette
Today, we will launch Adobe Illustrator and navigate the interface. We will set up custom workspaces that meet our needs for an effective workflow.
What you can expect to learn
- Illustrator Interface
- Properties Panel
- Illustrator Toolbox
- Creating a Screen Shot – Shift + Cmd + 4
- Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Illustrator Workspace
- Creating a Custom workspace
- Set up documents in Adobe Illustrator
- Color Modes – RGB, CMYK, (PMS)
- New Document Window
- Artboards and their arrangement – adding and editing artboards
- Views for artwork
Each week we will review homework assignments from the previous class. Students will participate in reviewing material and offering suggestions for improvement for their cohort. This week we discuss the position of panels and the custom workspaces saved by students. Students will be asked to explain their choices. The workflow will be discussed.
Lab assignments are done during class time. This week we will practice moving panels and setting up workspaces for your individual needs. Download email files for today’s Lab 02_Appear1.pdf and 02_RGBwith Center Guides.ait
Each week you will need to respond to two questions posted. This is a requirement for the participation part of your grade.
Homework Due Next Class:
All work should be submitted by 5:00 am the Wednesday before class.
Each file should be saved according to the following naming convention. i.e., 3711_02_LastName_HW.ai (Illustrator).
Follow the technique and color sample in the directions from the lab in class.
- Use “02_Appear1.pdf” directions with 02_Double-stroke text.ai that were emailed to you to complete this homework assignment.
Interface, workspace, tool panel, color modes, artboards, views
Here are some notes you should read to educate yourself in the topic area described above.