Maureen Neuringer | COMD 3711 | Section D030

10 Discussion

Each week you will need to respond to two questions posted. Your response should be a minimum of 150 words for both questions. You should also include at least one response to your fellow students. The responses are a requirement for participation part of your grade.

Question 01 –

What things would you consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator?

1. Kenneth Li

Like any other drawing, horizon lines must be considered. Illustrator has this handy tool called perspective selection tool that allows you to place objects according to the x, y, or z plane.

Aside from that, lights and shadows are important as they add lighting. They add a sense of three dimensions.

2. Jennifer Uzhca

1. Things to consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator is the coloring and shading. If you make a building, you have to shade one side to have the illusion of creating light and being 3-D. To also create the illusion of buildings being in the back and being in the front, you can use the line in the middle and be precise about creating the front and side of the building. You can also do this with text as well and add it to a building as a sign.
  3. Muhammad Amin Uddin

When creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator I would consider the perspective type (one-point, two-point, or three-point), set up an accurate grid, use vanishing points, establish a horizon line, maintain consistent scale and proportions, utilize layering and overlapping, adjust color and detail for perspective, incorporate accurate lighting and shadows, also use guides for alignment.

4. Chailin Wu

Question 01 –

You have to consider the vanishing point,. it determines the front and distant part of an image. There is a perspective grid tool to guide

5. Ashley Lopez

Some things you should consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator are the vanishing point(s) and the horizon line. Everything must lead to the same vanishing points to make it look like its all in the same perspective helping it look more realistic. Color, lighting and shading also play a huge role in making perspective drawings look like they are in perspective.

6. Alexis Reid

Question 01 –

One thing I would consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator is  the vanishing points.  I would pay attention to those because I would want to maintain an accurate perspective. To do this I would use the perspective grid or draw guide lines using the ruler. I would also  adjust the size of objects based on their distance from the viewer. Closer objects should appear larger, and objects that are farther away should be smaller.  I would also consider the many layers. Similarly to object size, I would want to effectively portray depth so I would bring the closer elements forward and move the more distant objects towards the back.

7. Hayden

Question 01 –

I would consider making sure that the graphics are at a consistent scale when creating the perspective, so that they are larger when they are close to the object and smaller when they are far away. This perspective allows the object to be as real as it is. Then consider the source of shadows and light, which will ensure that the details of the highlighted object are more perfect and realistic. Then through the adjustment and modification of the grid, so as to achieve the work becomes more visually perfect and the existence of perspective effect. Then adjust the details, light, depth and texture to make the image more beautiful. When necessary, I will refer to photos or other reference materials with similar perspectives to help me draw. This method can provide a very convenient reference for the behavior of a given perspective. Each step seems very complicated, but in order to make the picture show more visual experience, so in the creation, we should consider the perspective to help us make the picture more natural and in line with common sense.

• Alexis Reid

Hi Hayden,

I completely agree with your post. The details, light and texture are all very important when creating a perspective drawing.

8. Bonnie yang

Some things to consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator are establishing the vanishing point and horizon line and also consider if it’s one- point, two-point, or three-point perspective. In Illustrator there is a perspective grid in the toolbar the shortcut is shift-p. It also has presets for one-point, two-point, and three-point perspectives if you view>perspective grid. You can also go to view>define grid to customize your own grid. To turn off the grid it’s command shift i. To change to the other grid you press 1,2 or 3. An icon on the top left should highlight which part of the grid is in perspective.

• Hayden

Hi Bonnie, thank you for providing the perspective grid shortcut in Illustrator, it is very convenient!

9. Sherie Henriquez

To create a perspective drawing we have to consider a couple of different factors, whether it’s a one point, two point or three point perspective. We can also think about the vanishing point and either vertical line or horizontal line. We also have to know how to scale the objects in the drawing, we have to think about depth, shadows, light and color. How can those create better perspectives? Inside illustrator we can use the Perspective grid tool to help us with that concept. We have to think about this: how can I create the illusion that certain objects are far and others close? that some are more detailed than the ones farther back?

10. antigonebuzhala

When creating a perspective drawing in illustration it’s essential to establish the vanishing point and the eye level to maintain a consistent perspective throughout the artwork. Ensuring all lines and objects follow the same perspective rules is crucial for realism. We also have to consider the placement of objects in relation to each other to enhance the illusion of three-dimensional space. Observing real life scenes, practicing overlapping shapes, and using layers effectively can further improve the quality and depth of the perspective drawing.

11. Elvis Gordillo

If I were creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator, I would take into account which type of perspective drawing I would be making. Whether it would be one point, two points, or three-point perspective. That way I could work on establishing my vanishing points and my horizon line within the illustration.

12. Stephanie Erazo

To create a convincing perspective drawing in Adobe Illustrator, consider the type of perspective you want to use (one-point, two-point, or three-point), establish vanishing points using the Perspective Grid Tool, maintain proper scaling and sizing, layer objects based on distance, use color, shadows, and light to create a sense of depth, and refine the illustration using tools like Transform panel, guides and grids. With practice and experimentation, you can master these techniques for a convincing and realistic result.

13. Emmanuel Mena

When creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator, I’d consider a few key things. First, the horizon line and vanishing points, because they establish the depth and angle of the scene. It’s like deciding where the sky meets the land and where all lines of sight end. Then, I’d think about the scale of objects, making sure things farther away appear smaller to give that real sense of distance. Also, I’d pay attention to the overlap of objects, which helps with the 3D illusion—like when one building looks like it’s behind another. Lastly, the placement of shadows is crucial, as they need to be consistent with the light source to make the scene believable. Getting all these elements right can turn a flat image into a world you feel like you could step right into.

• Bonnie yang

Hi Emmanual, I like how you mentioned shadows to help sell the 3D illusion and make it believable.

14. Edd Mendez

The thing I would consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator is to draw a different shape from each square, by searching the patterns in Pinterest and looking in basic graphics in Illustrator. Pinterest is the brand name for a photo-bookmarking website and mobile application, launched in 2010. So Pinterest is the perfect internet app, so you can search for something that you are looking for, and then download the images, or you can save it if you have an account. You can search the patterns, in this media, you may draw different shapes in each square blanks. Also, you can create your own pattern in Illustrator, first thing is to make the artboard 14 X 14 inches. Then pick the rectangle shape and make the square big sizes as the artboard. Then fill in the color, take the stroke, click the direct selection, click on appearance, click on window, and then transform, and click on Swatch Liberies menu, look for patterns, see the basic graphics, and then select any pattern that you like, there dots, lines, and texture. As you can see, the thing I would consider when creating a perspective drawing in Illustrator is to draw a different shape from each square, by searching the patterns in Pinterest and looking in basic graphics in Illustrator. 

15. Patrick Richardson

EVERY POINT MATTER! If you move one everything moves along with it. When you have detailed graphics make sure that every time you make an adjustment, you’re sure of it! It will take a while for it to render or it might just crash illustrator. CMD + S = Save

• Stephanie Erazo

You’re so accurate about this, and I don’t rely on Autosave, especially when it’s a very detailed graphic I’m working on.