Intro– Dylan Ramirez

Hello, my name is Dylan. I was born and raised in NYC. I am a Hispanic male who enjoys playing basketball and traveling. Ever since a young age I was taught to always do my best in school because nobody can take away your education. Education is a very important thing within my family, this helped me create many of my goals in life. I’ve always wanted to do my best in everything I’ve done. I am attending college in order to become a chemical engineer. I have always been interested in this field of work for a couple years now. 

I have had many dreams and goals, some relating to basketball and others more realistic like chemical engineering and finishing college. I have always held an interest in science as it is a subject that was very interesting to me. While growing up I’ve always been surrounded by my family. My cousins and I have always done things together but as we grew up we slowly became more distant with each other. My mother and my aunts proceeded to make yearly trips to Puerto Rico in order to bring the family back together. 

3 thoughts on “Intro– Dylan Ramirez”

1. Education is very important in the entire human race, too much competition occurs, I knew that you love to travel while you are free, you said that you enjoy the clear beach of the coast in Puerto Rico and the snake deep in the forest. I also like this kind of natural environment, but I’ll stay away from snakes because I’m in a paradise already, why would I try to be in heaven(after you got bite), pointless.

2. How did you get interested in Chem E? I am curious because I actually was a Chem major in college — CYB? Can You Believe? Yes I was a chem-premed major, and later I became an English Major and a teacher of English. I was good at science, but I didn’t feel passionate about it. Travelling is a great way to open up your mind and I love travel too. I think you told us in class that you were in PR this summer with your cousins and that you want to improve your Spanish. You have your family all around you and that will encourage you. It’s wonderful to have family in other countries and to stay in touch by visiting.