Intro – Raul

Hello. My name is Raul, as the title states, and I will be one of your many peers in this class. This might be evident from our first class together, but to reiterate, i’m someone who likes to help whenever I can. Trying to help solve some of the issues we were all having with tech kind of fits into my future job description. I’m in school for all things tech related because of my end goal of working on the software side of computer engineering. In class, I might be quiet and formal at times, but I promise I’m more fun when you get to know me, the real me. I’m social at times too, and it would be nice to get to know some of you as well, whenever there’s any time for it. If anyone plays video games, thats something I do a lot on my free time, as games are my favorite thing to do outside of school.

Living in New York for my whole life has been something I can appreciate. Experiencing all the different cultures mingled together as one is a wonderful thing. Even experiencing my own culture, whether it be through gatherings or talking to the generations before me in my family, its always an experience to say the least. I’m Puerto Rican, But I don’t speak Spanish because it wasn’t taught to me. What helps me feel closer to my culture is being able to understand when people patiently speak to me in Spanish, and when people teach me the words I don’t know here and there. I can’t wait to get to know you all better, if you’d let me.

3 thoughts on “Intro – Raul”

1. you’re always being a helpful person and if nobody says Thank you, I will. I knew that you are fun because, during the first-day zoom meeting you put on a Naruto T-shirt, I watched Naruto until Naruto Sasuke both lost one hand this anime taught me a lot, it helps me when I was alone just like when he was excluded by his neighbor because of the monster inside his body, he proved that he has the ability to control the undeveloped power and he kept going improving his skill every battle, good factor in Naruto affect his friend and even his enemy, for example, Gaara, Nagato, Yahiko and Sasuke. Even though we come from different places, we can still find some things to talk about.

2. Thanks Raul for helping fellow classmates out with tech issues on our first day. I am grateful to have a tech expert in the class. What an asset! Both that you are good at tech and that you enjoy being a helping hand. I am betting that you have a lot of friends! And being in computer-field will also serve you well in the future and in your career. I am alsoglad to learn about your interest in languages; this means you have an open mind and curiosity qbout other cultures. I do too! I also share your interest in getting to know my relatives. In fact, this summer I met with some cousins from my mother’s side (Chinese-Indonesians) in California and learned family history and family stories. It was fascinating and so personal. There’s so much to learn from our older family members, if we take the time to talk and listen to them. And the older I get, the more I value and seek out these relationships. AND to your comment about living in NYC — THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE IN THE UNITED STATES I WOULD LIVE! Raul, I am looking forward to learning more about you.

3. You are very helpful I appreciate you helping me out with my email situation I could’ve missed out on a lot.Helping people is going to get you far in life, it’s good for networking and gaining other opprotunities.It good to know were both studying to become engineers even though they are a little different. Living in New York is definitely a place full of different cultures, a lot of don’t speak their native language so u shouldn’t be bothered by it at all. There are all kinds of phone apps an audible books out there that can help you learn spanish and any other languages you would like to learn .You should be able to get along or befriend with the people in our class your assertive an helpful.