Outline Open-Letter- Amy

1: Introduction

A: Hook: Open with a quote

B: Meaning of mental health.

2: Education Journey-Personal experiences and narrative.

1. Struggling with Mental Health.
  2. Mental Health Before and After the Pandemic
  3. Any changes as it is today?
  4. Use of statistics and facts as evidence (research).

A: Explain how it impacted me.

B: Important event that changes me in my educational journey.

3: Advice that helped me further in my life growing up.

A: Advice on how we can stop mental health.

B: Mentor quote from my parents.

4: Balancing mental health at school and at home.

A: Having a family meeting actually helped me open up about my feelings.

B: The importance of taking care of mental health with/without asking for help.

5: Conclusion: My message is to seek help from professionals or the people around you loved the most because most of the time the people around us are willing to listen to you and help you out when you seek for their help or guidance.

2 thoughts on “Outline Open-Letter- Amy”

1. Amy, you have skipped a LOT of HWs and so you have skipped a LOT of steps in the writing process. Where is your Mentor Text Analysis for HW 2 on William Siu’s “I Make Video Games.” AND where is your HW 4 Mentor Text Analysis of an Open Letter (since you have chosen to write an Open Letter). By studying an Open Letter you will learn what makes a successful Open Letter. And you have not done this.

So who is your audience? To whom will you address your letter?

YOu need to have a more specific and more clear idea of what your message is. You write this: My message is to seek help from professionals or the people around you loved the most because most of the time the people around us are willing to listen to you and help you out when you seek for their help or guidance. Well you could have written that message WITHOUT DOING ANY RESEARCH. The point now is that you have done research, you should now have a very specific message you want to convey. Your Open Letter should reflect newly gained knowledge coming from your RAB work.

Your outline should be much more specific and show me exactly what you are planning to do in each part. Your letter outline should reflect information you have learned in your RAB. Remember you are incorporating at least two points learned in your RAB work.